X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true!

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
      And what the TNG fans fail to acknowledge is that with out the orignal series . There would never had been any TNG, DS-9, Voyager or anything else .
      What are you, a temporal genius? It is an impossibility that TNG fans fail to acknowledge the Original Series as it is intertwined. For CS, there are episodes with the OS characters. You might think your post sound really good to yourself when your were typing, but it is nothing other than a lame knee-jerk post. TNG fans embrace all that is Star Trek, while some OS fans are riding on some kind of mythical high horse with some pretense that anything after OS is some kind of abomination. It is so easy that even pre-warp cultures can comprehend that, yes?

Last edited by Salinator; 23 Sep 12, 22:12.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
        And what the TNG fans fail to acknowledge is that with out the orignal series . There would never had been any TNG, DS-9, Voyager or anything else .
        I would say the OS gets the credit for TNG, DS-9, and Enterprise, but gets the blame for Voyager.

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
        What are you, a temporal genius? It is an impossibility that TNG fans fail to acknowledge the Original Series as it is intertwined. For CS, there are episodes with the OS characters. You might think your post sound really good to yourself when your were typing, but it is nothing other than a lame knee-jerk post. TNG fans embrace all that is Star Trek, while some OS fans are riding on some kind of mythical high horse with some pretense that anything after OS is some kind of abomination. It is so easy that even pre-warp cultures can comprehend that, yes?
        Don't dis Kirk and Spock.

Comment

I liked all but Voyager. I hated Janeway. Im trying to work my way through the series now and enjoy the stories and ignore her.

Comment

What the OS fans don't realize is that if Kirk had let McCoy save Edith Keeler instead of allowing her to get run over by that car, the space-time continuum would have been irreparably altered and the original series would never had occurred...

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
              What the OS fans don't realize is that if Kirk had let McCoy save Edith Keeler instead of allowing her to get run over by that car, the space-time continuum would have been irreparably altered and the original series would never had occurred...
              Ugh, don't do that. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate time travel?
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                I, too, would have shared that drink with the Klingons. My problems with TNG and its ilk are that the Federation is too goody-goody. The entire crew of DS9 bothered me quite a bit (the acting was good--but not Patrick Stewart good). I can't stand Bajorans, they whine too much and are pretty much incapable of fighting their own battles. I would let the Cardassians have Bajor for a few pints of Romulan ale and not regret it. And the writers did everything in their power to make ALL alien races human, or make humans better than them. Not just the lousy makeup (oh look, they have a ridge between their eyes, they must be alien), but the fact that all VILLAINS eventually were humanized (Hugh and the Borg as an example) and brought down to our level never did sit well with me. Let monsters be monsters, they are much more interesting that way.

But, I did enjoy the shows and made sure I didn't miss any episode of TNG or DS9. Voyager lost me, I couldn't stand it, still can't. Enterprise was excellent, except for that 3rd season, and its a shame it died before it was finished with its story.
                To Hida Akechi and others
                You just hit the nail on the head for another Enterprise series. Have it based
                on the Klingon, Romunlan, or other creatures POV with a humanoid earthling as a subordinate,instead of the Federation which reminds me of the United Nations. The human are better comment is spot on considering Alien, Predator, They serve Man eat humans for lunch. I digress I liked TNG only at the time. I found DS9 a little too cerebral for me. I never got in to Voyager or Enterprise. Thank God for DVD's.

Comment

To have an Star Trek series set from the POV of another race instead of being human-centric would be totally against the unspoken core beliefs of Star Trek as a whole. All aliens must be humanized, and humans are the bar that's set as the standard for all other races.

I would watch the hell out of a series with the Klingons or Romulans as the stars. Watch the hell out of it to the max.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

To have an Star Trek series set from the POV of another race instead of being human-centric would be totally against the unspoken core beliefs of Star Trek as a whole. All aliens must be humanized, and humans are the bar that's set as the standard for all other races.

I would watch the hell out of a series with the Klingons or Romulans as the stars. Watch the hell out of it to the max.
                    But the Kinglons and Romulans are humanoid due to a common ancestry when DNA was strewn across the universe. What you are referring to as humans is just Earthlings AKA Species 5618.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

For what it is worth I think if Star Trek ever returns to the small screen what the majority of Trek fans would want is a series set in time somewhere after where DS-9 and Voyager left off.

Enough with this pre-quel stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                        When I saw this pic at a glance, my initial though was, "What is a bearded Spock doing with Snape?" (Didn't see the phasers at first.)

-Matt
                        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

But the Kinglons and Romulans are humanoid due to a common ancestry when DNA was strewn across the universe. What you are referring to as humans is just Earthlings AKA Species 5618.
                          Well I what I mean is that the producers of Star Trek always had to point out and show how much better humans (and how much better off) were when compared to the various alien races. And how nearly every time the villains were given human characteristics (not physcial ones) so that they could be humanized and ultimately defeated.

One example is how Admiral so-and-so and Sisko refused to drink bloodwine with Martok over the defeated corpses of the Cardassians and Jem Hadar. Or when Hugh the Kid Borg showed up and the crew managed to turn him into a good-guy. That was the beginning of the downfall of the Borg's fear factor for me. Or when Species whatever in Voyager begin using human form (shapeshifters all of the sudden)--but that had some to do with the budget as well. Data strived to be "human", instead of striving to be "a biological life form with geniune emotions and a soul" type of thing. Heck, they even managed to teach Q a life lesson or two in humanity, and he's as alien and villainous as they come!

No, the Federation (and humans, specifically, because their alien members had to be taught lessons in humanity as well from time to time) are a culture of racists at their heart. They may not be agressive or obvious about it, but converting eveyone to the "human way" seems to be their primary weapon. More than a few times I was hoping that the crew would fail (not to the point of fatal consequences) and the aliens reject their ways or prove them to be wrong. But it never really happened and would not have had the long-term impact that was needed.

Its understandable, being a human-centric show, but its ingrained into the production and the stories of the series. A Star Trek series that's non-human in its POV won't fly because of that, as much as I'd like to see one.

Comment

I never watched ANY after the original 60's show, which I still watch. Nor have I any of the movies. None interest me.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                              I never watched ANY after the original 60's show, which I still watch. Nor have I any of the movies. None interest me.
                              And your name is Kirk?

Comment

Junior. After my father. He is 78. We have six generations of Richard, and two of Richard Kirk.
                                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X