Star Trek TNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek TNG

I know in sounding like a total nerd here, one of my favorite shows was and is, Star Trek The Next Generation. I've been doing a marathon of it over the last week. I am currently watching one of my favorite episodes. Season 6 Episode 12. Its the one where the crew go back to the 19th century London and into Sherlock Holmes time. I don't know why, but its one of my favorite episodes. Anyone else here a Trekkie?

Originally posted by TheBubba View Post
    I know in sounding like a total nerd here, one of my favorite shows was and is, Star Trek The Next Generation. I've been doing a marathon of it over the last week. I am currently watching one of my favorite episodes. Season 6 Episode 12. Its the one where the crew go back to the 19th century London and into Sherlock Holmes time. I don't know why, but its one of my favorite episodes. Anyone else here a Trekkie?
    yep me , But I like the first show with Kirk and Spock. I also watched TNG though . Because the Kilingons were now allies and in the end even the Romulains came into the fold. My favorite TNG episode was always the one to were " Q" sends them all back to England and makes them look like Robin Hood's people. I like the scene were Worf becomes angry , throws his hat to the ground and says .
    '" Captian I must protest . I am not a merry man. "

Comment

I know in sounding like a total nerd here, one of my favorite shows was and is, Star Trek The Next Generation.
      Iím sorry to hear that. Iím sure there is hope for recovery though.

Anyone else here a Trekkie?
      Yes but I prefer the real thing.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

As far as Trek goes I liked the original series best followed by Star Trek: Enterprise and then Deep Space Nine.

I didn't care for TNG or Voyager.

When it comes to other TV Sci Fi series Babylon 5 was probably my favorite.
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

DS9 and Voyager were more in my time and I loved the dark edginess to DS9. I liked Janeway as a strong female lead.

I've seen TNG and TOS too and I enjoyed them all.

We had a drinking game in college involving TOS. You would pick a main character and whenver he appeared in a face shot, you would take a shot. The whole gang takes a shot whenever:

Spock says illogical
          Bones says, "he's dead, Jim."
          Bones says, "dammit, I'm a doctor, not an X."
          Bones says, "you green blooded Vulcan."
          The Vulcan neck pinch - when that would happen you would have to do it to the person to your right
          Kirk takes off his shirt or it gets ripped off
          Kirk overacts
          People on the ship get thrown from their seats - when that would happen, we would all have to fall to the floor in a pile
          TTFN

Comment

I like TOS, TNG, and Voyager...never really got into DS9 or Enterprise. While I'm glad they did a 5th TV series, I always thought Enterprise could've been the title of a second show with TNG crew's adventures on the Enterprise-E. Also, a series set aboard Excelsior with Capt. Sulu and Chekov as XO would've been great as well.

-Matt
            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

You should check for Martok's threads - he did a season by season review of the series on these boards - very elaborate, funny too
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

DS9 gets me vote, too.
                No flashy ship going from one weird and illogical encounter to the next... this show had to get by with intricate plots and solid acting, as well as a well-conceived story line threaded from start to finish.
                Imagine that?

The damn body-count was a bit too high by the end, and I would certainly have shared a drink with the Klingons in the ruins of the enemy capitol , but other than that, well done!
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I, too, would have shared that drink with the Klingons. My problems with TNG and its ilk are that the Federation is too goody-goody. The entire crew of DS9 bothered me quite a bit (the acting was good--but not Patrick Stewart good). I can't stand Bajorans, they whine too much and are pretty much incapable of fighting their own battles. I would let the Cardassians have Bajor for a few pints of Romulan ale and not regret it. And the writers did everything in their power to make ALL alien races human, or make humans better than them. Not just the lousy makeup (oh look, they have a ridge between their eyes, they must be alien), but the fact that all VILLAINS eventually were humanized (Hugh and the Borg as an example) and brought down to our level never did sit well with me. Let monsters be monsters, they are much more interesting that way.

But, I did enjoy the shows and made sure I didn't miss any episode of TNG or DS9. Voyager lost me, I couldn't stand it, still can't. Enterprise was excellent, except for that 3rd season, and its a shame it died before it was finished with its story.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

One thing that so few Original Series snobs fail to acknowledge is that without the movies, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise........the Star Trek legend would have died off and all OS diehards would be relegated to daydreaming over some old nostalgic drawings and studio stills.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I was always disappointed that the makers of Star Trek TNG or Voyager never considered the possibility of a Tribble homeworld or even a Tribble battle fleet. Self-replicating starships. How cool would that have been?

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                        I was always disappointed that the makers of Star Trek TNG or Voyager never considered the possibility of a Tribble homeworld or even a Tribble battle fleet. Self-replicating starships. How cool would that have been?
                        Because the Klingon Empire had destroyed the Tribble home-world.

Best pests like Tribbles spent all their time "reproducing like rabbits". No time for building squat.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Yeah, it was a glorious victory for the Klingons over the Tribbles. Wish I could have been part of that battle.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                            One thing that so few Original Series snobs fail to acknowledge is that without the movies, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise........the Star Trek legend would have died off and all OS diehards would be relegated to daydreaming over some old nostalgic drawings and studio stills.
                            Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                            You should check for Martok's threads - he did a season by season review of the series on these boards - very elaborate, funny too
                            http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=105168
                            Seconded!
                            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                              And what the TNG fans fail to acknowledge is that with out the orignal series . There would never had been any TNG, DS-9, Voyager or anything else .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X