Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire - Season 3....How can there be a season 3??? (Season 2 Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boardwalk Empire - Season 3....How can there be a season 3??? (Season 2 Spoilers)

While I was glad to hear Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire is coming soon I have to admit I'm puzzled as to how they can actually have a 3rd season. I mean, let's review:

After an attempted citywide gang coup we have:

1. Jimmy Darmedy dead, which pretty much makes his remaining friends and relations irrelevant.

2. The Sherrif is busted and going to prison.

3. Half to 3/4 of the elites who all turned on Nucky are likewise dead.

4. The Prohibition Agent Van Alden is on the lam. He seemed happy in his new life but is otherwise out of the story.

5. Nucky's wife concluded that he is not a changed man and finished the season by screwing his land deal. That marriage ain't going to last long.

Seasons 1 and 2 put together make an excellent morality play on the final consquences of the gangster lifestyle. In the end, it destroys almost everyone. Very Scarface-esqe. All that's missing is "The World Is Yours" neons.

You could slap The End on the credits and it would work fine.

But they're making a third season.

Don't get me wrong. This period piece show is awesome and I'm drooling now that they've brought out the Tommy Guns. But they pretty much destroyed the cast. HOW do you make a third season?

It will be interesting to watch.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Frankly, with Darmody dead, there's no hero left in the show, flawed or otherwise. That new Irish guy, the one who boinked Nucky's wife, he's too truly evil to take Darmody's place. And I think Nucky's going to knock off his old lady after he finds out she signed over his money to the church.

The only hope for the series is for Lucy Danziger to come back from New York and continue to walk around naked in each episode.

Cheers,
    Dan.

So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

I quite like this show, it's very good. I'm interested to see what they'll do with a third season.
      You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
        While I was glad to hear Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire is coming soon I have to admit I'm puzzled as to how they can actually have a 3rd season. I mean, let's review:

After an attempted citywide gang coup we have:

1. Jimmy Darmedy dead, which pretty much makes his remaining friends and relations irrelevant.

2. The Sherrif is busted and going to prison.

3. Half to 3/4 of the elites who all turned on Nucky are likewise dead.

4. The Prohibition Agent Van Alden is on the lam. He seemed happy in his new life but is otherwise out of the story.

5. Nucky's wife concluded that he is not a changed man and finished the season by screwing his land deal. That marriage ain't going to last long.

Seasons 1 and 2 put together make an excellent morality play on the final consquences of the gangster lifestyle. In the end, it destroys almost everyone. Very Scarface-esqe. All that's missing is "The World Is Yours" neons.

You could slap The End on the credits and it would work fine.

But they're making a third season.

Don't get me wrong. This period piece show is awesome and I'm drooling now that they've brought out the Tommy Guns. But they pretty much destroyed the cast. HOW do you make a third season?

It will be interesting to watch.
        Spoiler Alert would be nice for those of us who haven't watched it yet but were planning on doing so.

I didn't read any of the details posted above but it would still be appreciated.

Thanks.
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Why a season 3? Because the story is about Nucky Thompson and the real life person that Thompson was based on was the boss of Atlantic City up to 1941. The show is currently in the early 1920s. Lots of material to work with.

I couldn't stand Darmody so his absence won't be missed by me.
          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
            Why a season 3? Because the story is about Nucky Thompson and the real life person that Thompson was based on was the boss of Atlantic City up to 1941. The show is currently in the early 1920s. Lots of material to work with.

I couldn't stand Darmody so his absence won't be missed by me.
            I liked his war buddy, Richard, though. Hopefully they think up a way to keep him employed. Don't save him from suicide only to put him out of work when his associate gets capped!
            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
              I liked his war buddy, Richard, though. Hopefully they think up a way to keep him employed. Don't save him from suicide only to put him out of work when his associate gets capped!
              Considering how popular he is with fans, they'd be suicidal to drop him or kill him off.
              You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Nucky still has a long fight ahead of him to stay out of prison and sty on top of things in Atlantic City, with the gangs from New York closing in on his action.

Plenty of material left to work with, including Chalky White.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Plenty of material left to work with, including Chalky White.
                  Omar coming.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Couple of trailers if anyone hasn't seen them:

-- Ataturk

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
                      Frankly, with Darmody dead, there's no hero left in the show, flawed or otherwise. That new Irish guy, the one who boinked Nucky's wife, he's too truly evil to take Darmody's place. And I think Nucky's going to knock off his old lady after he finds out she signed over his money to the church.

The only hope for the series is for Lucy Danziger to come back from New York and continue to walk around naked in each episode.

Cheers,
                      Dan.

There never was a a "hero" anywhere in the mix.

The protagonist is Nucky Thompson, a criminal like all of the rest of the characters. As long as Nucky is still around, the show can go on as long as it makes money.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X