Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a Cornwell fan as well. I watched the first few of this Uthred series. I was not impressed with the producers casting a dark haired, dark eyed actor in the title role. I was less impressed with the Sharpe series. I felt they should have gone with a miniseries that stayed closer to the book. Maybe they were shooting it on the cheap?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Watching 'James May: our man in Japan.'
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Yes Minister

A comedy that illustrates perfectly the deep state.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Maximilian - a Story of Power and Love

The story of Maximilian of Austria and Mary of Burgundy, set against a rich backdrop of history, powerfully acted, visually compelling, and Machiavellian in its portrayal.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Although annoyingly dumbed down I occasionally watch Time Team from British Channel 4. The series ended in 2014 after 20 years but the episodes are available online.

Having been impressed into archeological service at work do to a shortage of archeological staff I have an appreciation of how boring and tedious it is. The show does a reasonable job of showing the reality of digging up history while keeping it interesting.

For the most part I prefer the amateur productions on YouTube for archeological news. There is something about professional productions that is unnerving. Political correctness and emotionalism don't help but it comes down to the publics preference for pretty pictures over substance.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

• I watch a lot of History Channel, Discover and National Geographic. Besides the "dumbing down", I hate the repetitious narrative apparently based on the microscopic attention spans of the current audiences. I also detest the current practice of leaping to wildly idiotic conclusions based on essentially no solid evidence whatsoever. Ancient aliens with the Electrocuted Greek - no other explanati0n for his hair style (aliens did it to him!) - being the prime example of Science Affliction at its finest.

Nevertheless, it's infinitely better than the standard garbage currently being force fed to the sheeple - game shows, reality shows and heavily racial sitcoms, along with the inevitable gangster films and cop shows in which the cops are constantly empathizing with the sociopaths.

Comment

• I have been binge watching Witcher on Netflix.

Pruitt

Comment

• Just watched the eight seasons of NYPD Blue. Now watching the Sharpe series.
                  Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
                    Just watched the eight seasons of NYPD Blue. Now watching the Sharpe series.
                    Excellent!

Comment

• Excellent indeed! It's my third time through the NYPD DVD series after watching the original on TV. I like the interrogation techniques and the extraordinary telescoping of the investigation for quick resolution.

Sharpe is twice through series on DVD after watching on TV and reading Cornwell's book series which brought to life Napoleonic warfare. DVD series is more like an open-air stage play, but entertaining.

Comment

• I am binge watching Star Trek (OS). I tried to access Sharpe on Netflix, but I could not get it to download.

Pruitt

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          I am binge watching Star Trek (OS). I tried to access Sharpe on Netflix, but I could not get it to download.

Pruitt
                          It's on YouTube.

Comment

• Watching "Reilly: Ace of Spies" series, for the fourth or fifth time.

Comment

• I'm watching several TV series at same time: The Boys (Amazon Prime, Season 2), Raised by Wolves (Season 1, HBO Max), Lucifer (Season 2, Netflix), and The 100 (Season 7, CW).

I'm most intrigued by "Raised by Wolves" if for no reason other than it's directed by Ridley Scott. It's about an android who was reprogrammed to take care of human children and they crashed on a distant planet to restart human civilization after Earth was nearly gone due to endless wars between atheists and religious zealots.
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                                I'm watching several TV series at same time: The Boys (Amazon Prime, Season 2), Raised by Wolves (Season 1, HBO Max), Lucifer (Season 2, Netflix), and The 100 (Season 7, CW).

I'm most intrigued by "Raised by Wolves" if for no reason other than it's directed by Ridley Scott. It's about an android who was reprogrammed to take care of human children and they crashed on a distant planet to restart human civilization after Earth was nearly gone due to endless wars between atheists and religious zealots.
                                I'm familiar with Lucifer, which I enjoyed because of the acting by the principle character - zesty to say the least! -and The 100. The latter seemed kind of slow-paced, but an interesting concept. I haven't seen the other two, but the Ridley Scott one sounds especially interesting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X