X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

• I'm currently watching the 'Colditz' TV series from the 70's on youtube.
      In this episode a new Brit prisoner (on the right in this still) starts a card game and in the scene below (at 29:45) the other guy has bet his house back in England on a simple cut of the cards, what could possibly go wrong?..

YOUTUBE COLDITZ- https://youtu.be/wHpGRMJHLeM
      Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 15 Apr 18, 20:23.

Comment

• Recently started watching The Expanse. Very good show.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• First Civilizations - War

http://www.pbs.org/show/first-civilizations/

Essentially a video case study of war arising as an expected consequence of civilization itself. Probably not a surprising conclusion to the membership here but I thought they did a credible job laying out the mechanics and progression of conflict.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• The Looming Tower

I've recently been watching a Hulu original, "The Looming Tower". The series is a historical fiction that details the events leading up to 9-11 starting with the 1998 East African embassy bombing.

Comment

• Killing Eve. Very creepy and the psychopthic portrayal of the killer is excellent.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• EUROPE'S LAST WARRIOR KINGS

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/s...-kings/1004829

Some of the dramatizations could have been skipped but the insights into 11th Century politics are interesting.

Comment

• Hornblower on Youtube.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                    Hornblower on Youtube.
                    One of my favorite series. Sharpe was the other.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• A Very Secret Service / Au Service de la France

A Netflix original.

Very French and very funny, set in the 1960s.
                      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• First Civilizations, PBS for now but it might show up later in syndication. Using art and architecture to examine the rise of ideas in the pre-classical world.

Comment

• I have been binge watching Forged In Fire, and Battlebots the last couple of days. Now my internet is back and I don't have to anymore.

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Homeland season 6 episodes 1 and 2

So far so good but the shows writers believed the Hilary would win the election and the new President is a similar character to her.
                            Hopefully they can find a way to change the President to a Trump like character for season 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                              Homeland season 6 episodes 1 and 2

So far so good but the shows writers believed the Hilary would win the election and the new President is a similar character to her.
                              Hopefully they can find a way to change the President to a Trump like character for season 7.
                              I think you will love season 7. As for the president being Trump-like in season 7, I can't say much but you'll be shocked by what the president decides to do at the end of season.

I'm kind of sad that the season is done, but I'm so looking forward to the final season 8. This time, it will take place overseas.
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                                I think you will love season 7. As for the president being Trump-like in season 7, I can't say much but you'll be shocked by what the president decides to do at the end of season.

I'm kind of sad that the season is done, but I'm so looking forward to the final season 8. This time, it will take place overseas.
                                Thanks good to hear looking forward to it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X