Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the last TV show you watched ?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mindhunter on Netflix.

    An absolutely fantastic show about the FBI started classifying and profiling serial killers. Extremely well done. There are 10 episodes and I just started watching on Thursday and have binged 7 already.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
      Mindhunter on Netflix.

      An absolutely fantastic show about the FBI started classifying and profiling serial killers. Extremely well done. There are 10 episodes and I just started watching on Thursday and have binged 7 already.
      Saw the same thing as you did. One thing that really sat me straight up was when Kemper walked over to Ford and put his hand on Ford's neck.

      I simply can't imagine a FBI agent letting a convicted serial killer get that close to him, even if that was in the prison setting.

      Honestly, I can't imagine myself chatting with a serial killer on how he went about himself on killing his victims. It'd send a chill down my spine.

      This show is so much better than Criminal Minds on CBS. I give it a double thumb up!
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

      "Aim small, miss small."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        You lucked out with Load Sugar
        I'm not sure what "lucked out" means, I think it's an American phrase only used in America.
        Sugar is a billionnaire businessman and I like the way he loses patience with the numbnuts contestants who couldn't run a whelk stall..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
          Saw the same thing as you did. One thing that really sat me straight up was when Kemper walked over to Ford and put his hand on Ford's neck.

          I simply can't imagine a FBI agent letting a convicted serial killer get that close to him, even if that was in the prison setting.

          Honestly, I can't imagine myself chatting with a serial killer on how he went about himself on killing his victims. It'd send a chill down my spine.

          This show is so much better than Criminal Minds on CBS. I give it a double thumb up!
          I did some research on Kemper precisely because of that scene. The actor did a fantastic job portraying him according to what I've read.

          Side note on Kemper, he does a lot of reading of books on tape for the blind. I have to wonder if the people listening to his books know who he is and what he did.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
            Saw the same thing as you did. One thing that really sat me straight up was when Kemper walked over to Ford and put his hand on Ford's neck.

            I simply can't imagine a FBI agent letting a convicted serial killer get that close to him, even if that was in the prison setting.
            I am watching episode two now and just came across this scene.
            I blame the fact that Holden's character is a very academic agent who wants to be liked, not really field savvy.

            A very psychological series, no fast action so far, but quality TV
            BoRG

            You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

            Comment


            • Watching several series, including Designated Survivor and Mindhunter. Also watching a couple of British series on BBCA - very well done.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Watching several series, including Designated Survivor and Mindhunter. Also watching a couple of British series on BBCA - very well done.
                Yeah the brits have down well with their programs. I'm delighted that Red Dwarf is back in production.
                Credo quia absurdum.


                Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
                  I am watching episode two now and just came across this scene.
                  I blame the fact that Holden's character is a very academic agent who wants to be liked, not really field savvy.

                  A very psychological series, no fast action so far, but quality TV
                  There is no action per se. All psychological but engrossing television.
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                  Comment


                  • Stranger Things 2.

                    I wasn't expecting to like the 2nd season as much as I did the 1st season but it is extremely well done and superbly acted.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                    Comment


                    • I just watched the 1980 'Shogun' TV miniseries on youtube again in terrific HD-

                      https://youtu.be/o3qldVft8XQ
                      https://youtu.be/AQlCEbyYo4Q
                      https://youtu.be/dJvK4wD0KZE

                      But it was spoilt a lot because I couldn't tell half of what that sweet-voiced jap translator woman was saying because of her thick accent (a bit like trying to understand modern asian call centre advisers) so it became almost impossible to follow the convoluted power-politics storyline and I hadn't a clue what was going on.
                      The producer/director had no doubt read the book 'Shogun' so it was all clear to them, but they forgot that a lot of viewers like me haven't read the book and were left largely in the dark.
                      Part 1 was the best, Part 2 was so-so, but Part 3 dragged on and on a bit..

                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080274/
                      Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 08 Nov 17, 11:36.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                        I just watched the 1980 'Shogun' TV miniseries on youtube again in terrific HD-

                        https://youtu.be/o3qldVft8XQ
                        https://youtu.be/AQlCEbyYo4Q
                        https://youtu.be/dJvK4wD0KZE

                        But it was spoilt a lot because I couldn't tell half of what that sweet-voiced jap translator woman was saying because of her thick accent (a bit like trying to understand modern asian call centre advisers) so it became almost impossible to follow the convoluted power-politics storyline and I hadn't a clue what was going on.
                        The producer/director had no doubt read the book 'Shogun' so it was all clear to them, but they forgot that a lot of viewers like me haven't read the book and were left largely in the dark.
                        Part 1 was the best, Part 2 was so-so, but Part 3 dragged on and on a bit..

                        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080274/
                        Subtitles, man. Subtitles. I even turn those on now when I watch Doctor Who.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                        Comment


                        • I've actually enjoyed watching Huang's World on Viceland TV. It's not a bad series and you get to see some interesting stuff and some really interesting points of view from foreign lands.

                          https://www.viceland.com/en_us/show/huangs-world

                          Comment


                          • Watching The Deuce right now. Not bad, by the way.
                            Tell me please - as English is not my native language - if dice fall out with 2 6s, does it mean "deuce" as well?
                            "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

                            Comment


                            • Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                                Really liked it a lot. Better than other Marvel series except Daredevil. Lots of gun violence and blood gore, just the way I like it. Surprisingly the Castle character is a lot more nuanced than I thought would be. A very complicated guy he is.
                                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                                "Aim small, miss small."

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X