X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Continues

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Finally the 5th season of Death In Paradise is on Netflix. It's corny, formulaic and entirely predictable but still I love it. Must be the location and the characters that keep me watching.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
        Finally the 5th season of Death In Paradise is on Netflix. It's corny, formulaic and entirely predictable but still I love it. Must be the location and the characters that keep me watching.
        Recongize the feeling.
        I fell for it first season episode one, when a really stiff Englishman was introduced as the inspector from Scotland Yard in this tropical paradise.
        After season one when this main character was replaced and his successor appeard to be less outspoken, part of its charm disappeared.

Like you I still enjoy the series but watch it only occasionally when I am in the proper mood and opportunity presents itself.
        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• I'm watching the new fantasy series these days. They're pretty much the best thing going on and the rest is mostly formulaic shlock. All cops and robbers or chop-socky.

Bring back the X-Files.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Watched The OA on Netflix.

I can see how it might appeal to some. Lots of mystery and ambiguity and reasonably well presented up until the last episode.

But I was mostly irritated. I never bought fully into the underlying concept and I suppose it just made me acutely aware of the numerous plot-holes.

Comment

• Best one so far - The Expanse.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• One of the best shows on television.

Fargo Season 3 Episode 1

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                  One of the best shows on television.

Fargo Season 3 Episode 1

Saw it today. Have to say I'm little disappointed by low body count. I expected it to hit the ground running.

By the end of first episode, I was like, what?

However, on the plus side, I loved Vargas character, he's little creepy with his rotting teeth, but he's definitely sinister. I expect him to start the body count in next episode...hopefully!

I want to see like 20 or 30 dead bodies by the end of Fargo's 3rd season. In addition, I want to see if it can top Fargo's 2nd season, which in my opinion is the best of series so far.
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Engrossing:

Comment

• Breaking bad just does not get old..

Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

• First TV I watched was The Appleyards. Had to be viewed with the curtains drawn as the TVs in those days were quite faint.
                        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

• Binge watching

"The Man in the High Castle"
                          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• I had to laugh at an in-between programme advert that I saw from Budweiser who have the cheek to call themselves the King of Beers....More like the King of drinkable dog p!$$....How do they get away with such bullshite?

Paul
                            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                              I had to laugh at an in-between programme advert that I saw from Budweiser who have the cheek to call themselves the King of Beers....More like the King of drinkable dog p!$$....How do they get away with such bullshite?

Paul
                              Don't get me started on AB. Awful, awful beer.

Comment

• A sympathetic Obergruppenführer

Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
                                Binge watching

"The Man in the High Castle"
                                As far as I can remember this is the first time I watch a series where both Hitler and higher SS officers are depicted as 'sympathetic'.
                                Do not know what to think of this.
                                In a way it is refreshing OTOH I find it disturbing.

Perhaps it is only natural that after 70 years, almost beyond living memory, this is going to happen...
                                BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X