This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Skies.

Bought the series on cheap, and currently about half way through. I remember really enjoying it first time round on TV, but now its like re-watching an average X Files episode.

I'll watch it to the end, but unlikely to watch it again. What is interesting is that each episode has a historical perspective, such as an assassination or natural disaster. Looking at these events afterwards tends to be more interesting than the program imho.

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• 'When the Dikes Break'

Dutch series about a super storm hitting below sea-level Holland and floods it.
      Mass evacutions, drownings, chaos and not completely hypothetical.

Exciting idea, but its execution leaves me underwhelmed
      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Firefly.

Will be watching the last episode of the series tonight, and the film, Serenity, on Saturday.

Apart from being a damn fine space opera as far as story and acting is concerned, the effects have not really dated either.

Great show.
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Narcos.
          Great series Pablo Escobar was a monster.

Comment

• Just started the boxed set of I Zombie, and I am a little amazed.
            Just 5 ep.s in and I am hooked, this is an interesting show.... even if they made it a Crime drama.

Without spoiling it, is it as good as it seems?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Broadchurch, Season 2. Extremely well done show.
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Binge watching all three seasons of "The Borgias"

Good acting and acceptable balance between historical reality and theatrical suspense.
                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• The Pacific

Watching 'The Pacific'

Love it.

Pretty gritty violence scenes, IMO better than BoB
                    but I also love the occasional episode away from the front, such as 'Melbourne' and 'Iwo Jima'.
                    R&R periods such as these are essential parts of any mission and should not be omitted for the sake of cramming in more battle scenes
                    BoRG

Comment

• Marvels Iron Fist.

It's a new series released today on Net Flicks.

Not bad. Not bad at all...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322310/
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
                        Watching 'The Pacific'

Love it.

but I also love the occasional episode away from the front, such as 'Melbourne' and 'Iwo Jima'.
                        R&R periods such as these are essential parts of any mission and should not be omitted for the sake of cramming in more battle scenes
                        Excellent show! Really interesting when Leckie goes to the "rehab" base. An aspect of WW2 rarely shown.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
                          Watching 'The Pacific'

Love it.

It was great but I liked the characters in Band of Brothers more another great war tv series is Generation Kill about a US Marine Recon unit in Operation Iraqi freedom.
                          Last edited by VinceW; 17 Mar 17, 22:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                            Excellent show! Really interesting when Leckie goes to the "rehab" base. An aspect of WW2 rarely shown.
                            To cure Leckie's bedwetting they would come in and wake him up every hour on the hour of the night. Then he would not be able to sleep during daylight hours! A human can't function if they do not get enough REM sleep. The bedwetting finally went away.

Leckie also had a short story published called 'Brig Rat'. It happened to him while in transit. The CO brought him before the Captain's Mast and he received Bread and Water. Twice a day someone would toss a pan with loaves of bread in the cell on the ship with some salt sprinkled on the pan. There would be a rush to grab as much bread as you could. As he got out, the First Sergeant had some papers ready for him to sign. It seems there was a goof up at the Captain's Mast. The Naval Regulations then reads you can not send a man on Bread and Water and take his pay. The First Sergeant and CO pretended that the punishment did not happen and they took his pay anyways! I wonder if the brass gets away with this nowadays?

Pruitt
                            Last edited by Pruitt; 18 Mar 17, 01:30.
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• "The cause of the third world war."
                              Wack tac mac hey.
                              Regards.
                              Grishnak.

Comment

• Not sure what they are saying but Freddie Mercury and Queen can be heard in the following video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnUT...ature=youtu.be

Rock on Iraq^
                                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X