X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer is back on.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Homeland season 4 finished episode 7.
      I fing love this show.

Comment

• The newest series. Lately, been watching Containment and Wayward Pines.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Finally got to watch House of Cards on DVD. Going through Season 1. Wow!

Comment

• Anyone else catch "The Man in the High Castle"?

It's an interesting mix of Sci Fi and alternate history in which the Germans and Japanese won WW2 and occupy the US

Comment

• Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
              Anyone else catch "The Man in the High Castle"?

It's an interesting mix of Sci Fi and alternate history in which the Germans and Japanese won WW2 and occupy the US
              Series were discussed here in ACG's
              BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Allo 'Allo. Splendidly funny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%27Allo_%27Allo!
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Battlebots

My guilty pleasure.
                  Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Spartacus. More pantomime than history, but quite watchable. Eye candy in many places, but most characters have devolved to become 2d caricatures as the series progresses.
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Just caught up with the 'Walking Dead'. stopped watching in series 5 but started again and enjoyed it a again.
                      Cymru am Byth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevinmeath View Post
                        Just caught up with the 'Walking Dead'. stopped watching in series 5 but started again and enjoyed it a again.
                        I am punishing myself further by continuing to watch season 3 of Fear the Walking Dead.

I can't shake the feeling that it is truly the B Team from The Walking Dead. It only seems like a companion series to The Walking Dead if you keep the volume off. The characters and plot-lines are just dull or annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                          I am punishing myself further by continuing to watch season 3 of Fear the Walking Dead.

I can't shake the feeling that it is truly the B Team from The Walking Dead. It only seems like a companion series to The Walking Dead if you keep the volume off. The characters and plot-lines are just dull or annoying.
                          Have to agree. There aren't any characters in FTWD that I can care for. Gave up on it after they killed off Rueben Blades' character. He was the only one who was even mildly interesting.

Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Secrets Of Great British Castles : Dover Castle

Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

• Also watched the HBO series The Night Of

Uneven in parts but very solid beginning and end. Like an expanded and in depth episode of Law and Order but avoids many of the cliches that often used to spoil the later series for me.

Comment

• Au service de la France

A Very Secret Service / Au service de la France.

Impressive series set in the French secret service in 1960, during the grand years of France when de Gaulle was its president and it still had its colonies.

I found it brilliant, felt like David Lynch could have been its director because of its dark intelligence and its weird dialogues.
                                And like in all successful TV-series nowadays: the script writers rule
                                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X