This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Agent Carter. The last couple have been really good... I think its fast become my favorite series...
    That's because Carter has big "lungs".
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      That's because Carter has big "lungs".
      And because she's a red head. I'm a sucker for those. But I like fiery lasses.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• The Mythbusters series finale. I'm really going to miss those guys.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• The new season of House Of Cards.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
            The Mythbusters series finale. I'm really going to miss those guys.
            Kind of my feeling for any show, it seems, once I finish it!
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• I'm about half way through season 2 of Prison Break. Very good so far.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Marvel's Agents of Shield. Man I didn't see that coming.

Of all the shows I've seen of late this one holds my attention.

Gotham is pretty good as well.
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Mysteries at the Museum.

Lite on facts but interesting all the same .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysteries_at_the_Museum
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• The Secrets of the Druids is worthy of watching.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...of-the-druids/
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

• Life On Mars
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478942/?ref_=nv_sr_1
                      "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

• Better call Saul
                        I'm sure that Mike is going to cause Tuco's uncles stroke as revenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                          Better call Saul
                          I'm sure that Mike is going to cause Tuco's uncles stroke as revenge.
                          Even though it is largely a legal drama and is very different than Breaking Bad, it is still a great show.

Fun Fact, the guy who plays Nacho is Canadian

Comment

• Face Off. Next week is the first part of the finals.
                            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Went back for the umpteenth time and watched the 1973 version of "Day of the Jackal" what a great story and I liked the docu-drama presentation of Forsyth's book. The movie inspired me to track-down and order a biography on Carlos the Jackal.

The Bruce Willis and Richard Gere remake of the movie was a technological farce.
                              Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
                                Went back for the umpteenth time and watched the 1973 version of "Day of the Jackal" what a great story and I liked the docu-drama presentation of Forsyth's book. The movie inspired me to track-down and order a biography on Carlos the Jackal.

The Bruce Willis and Richard Gere remake of the movie was a technological farce.
                                Fully agree on all points Rick, and one of my all time favourites too, both book and movie. Even though I know how the story will end, it invariably manages to grip me.
                                Speaking of which: IMO the Jackal should have succeeded in the assassination the way Forsyth penned it. That the 'commissaire' was able to locate the apartment from where the Jackal took his shot and thus prevents the assassination of the Gaulle is nothing less than a 'deus ex machina'
                                I feel that Forsyth made the Jackal too good in his job and this was the only way he could think of to let the good guy win

Excellent time piece of France in the early 60's as well BTW.
                                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X