This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
    Just watched the recently released last four seasons (5-8) NYPD Blue. The only series I have really followed closely, always enjoyed the interrogation techniques. Earthly, great character development to the end and insights to big city life, and much more.
    Same here, I watch NYPD Blue on a daily basis!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Tyrant might just be my favorite tv show of the year. I highly recommend Tyrant to folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrant_%28TV_series%29

Gideon Raff has done a great job with Tyrant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
        Tyrant might just be my favorite tv show of the year. I highly recommend Tyrant to folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrant_%28TV_series%29

Gideon Raff has done a great job with Tyrant.
        Haha, that makes two fans already
        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          Same here, I watch NYPD Blue on a daily basis!
          Noticed there are seasons 9-12 on region 2 DVD's. The cast is dramatically changed. How are those seasons for storylines and character development?
          Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

• So far, my favorite one is Extant. Human comes in second.

CSI: Vegas died and NCIS is fading fast since Ziva left.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
              Haha, that makes two fans already

I won't spoil the show for others but I think the last few episodes have been highly entertaining.

Comment

• American Ninja Warrior! And when the runners fall at obstacles I feel worst that they do.

Comment

• Cowboy Bebop. I was bored and wanted to get both the manga and music fix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Bebop

Yeah its that good.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• My favorite series at the moment is Blind Spot.

My all-time favorite for years has been the historical train documentaries.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• I find the antics of Les Gold in Hardcore Pawn to be reality TV thats worth a laugh.

We have cable, but many of the channels are locked out, and my wife insists on watching every american and British Cop show/Detective show she can lay her hands on.

That is why I sit on the computer. My wife monopolozes the recording function, and when she comes home, everything else as well. I am lucky if i get to watch an historical documentary, so most of my viewing is done via the computer. Gives a new dimension to the phrase "Hard Arse"
                      I mst admit, my computer can conjure up a hellovalot more thats educational than that TV ever could.

The last series that my wife and I agred on was VIKINGS
                      My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                      GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                      Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

• Rescue Me.
                        I got the first year boxed set at a yard sale, and was a little impressed, so I got the next 2 years when I found them at a flea market.
                        Hell...
                        Repetitive, silly and Firemen must hate it.
                        Soap Operas for Prime Time?
                        3 years now and I'm happier than ever to be Unplugged.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Making my way through Archer and laughing my rear end off in the process.
                          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• The Last Kingdom

Or, Alfred the Great gets the "Vikings" treatment.
                            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Batman - part one of two. Alfred was in an art gallery looking at paintings. The owner came over to talk to Alfred and Alfred said, I'm looking at a painting for my employer, millionaire Bruce Wayne. The owner then surreptitiously changed the price from 5K to 7.5 K. The owner went to get the painter, and at that moment The Joker came in and started spraying paint on the paintings. Alfred slipped out, made a call which Mrs. Cooper took, and Alfred told her to tell Bruce that "the laughing man" was at the gallery. After the joker defaced the paintings, the painter said, I've been trying for years to paint this modern art and haven't been able to paint anything but stupid looking farmboys and puppies. He then offered The joker a 50/50 partnership, which he accepted. Some of the paintings looked like American Gothic, Christina's World, and Whistler's Mother. There was an art competition with painters such as Vincent Van Dough, and The Joker. The other painters created their paintings by dipping their feet in paint, throwing it on the canvas, etc. The Joker won by submitting a blank convas, which was called something like the death of the bat, 1936. The Joker then opened an art school, which was only for millionaires. Bruce Wayne was one of the students.

After the usual rigmarole, Robin was set to die at the end, and the Joker and his thugs and moll walked out, and we were left waiting for the conclusion, although it didn't seem that Robin could possibly survive.

Comment

• Still more Archer. I think I'm on season 3 or so.
                                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X