X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrant

Tyrant.

About the son of a Middle Eastern dictator who left early in his youth for the States, breaking all bonds and starting a new life and a family.
    For the wedding of his nephew he relunctantly returns to his native land together with his American family.
    (Of course) he gets involved in Middle Eastern politics after his father dies and his brother takes over the regime.

Good script and believable actors.
    It kept me up later than I intended
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• TV has been lousy lately so I started watching Chuck.

Gr8 show...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
        Tyrant.

About the son of a Middle Eastern dictator who left early in his youth for the States, breaking all bonds and starting a new life and a family.
        For the wedding of his nephew he relunctantly returns to his native land together with his American family.
        (Of course) he gets involved in Middle Eastern politics after his father dies and his brother takes over the regime.

Good script and believable actors.
        It kept me up later than I intended
        I'm enjoying Tyrant as well.

Comment

• 2 Broke girls is good,

Comment

• Currently brooding over the fact that there are no more Horatio Hornblower episodes after Loyalty and Duty which I just watched.
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
              Currently brooding over the fact that there are no more Horatio Hornblower episodes after Loyalty and Duty which I just watched.
              I know that feeling. There should be a seperate word for it
              BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• My new fave is watching Amy Schumer.

Damn that gal is funny...
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Lately I've been watching:

Defiance
                  Orphan Black
                  Falling Skies
                  The Last Ship
                  The Strain
                  Under the Dome
                  Zoo
                  Extant
                  Killjoys

Yup, I know, it's a lot, but I have some spare time, so....
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                    Lately I've been watching:

Defiance
                    Orphan Black
                    Falling Skies
                    The Last Ship
                    The Strain
                    Under the Dome
                    Zoo
                    Extant
                    Killjoys

Yup, I know, it's a lot, but I have some spare time, so....
                    I've only seen one of those:Orphan Black. A friend lives a few houses down from one of their filming location in the "suburbs".

I've been thinking about The Strain. What is your pick for the best of the list?

Comment

For one word, it's probably: MONEY. Or MARKET. Probably not enough of either to bring it back to life. Also it would need new actors I bet, which means it'd be strange for those who've seen the 'real' Hornblower and other characters "since our days on the Indy." They'd have to set it many years later to account for peoples' aging!
                      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                        I've only seen one of those:Orphan Black. A friend lives a few houses down from one of their filming location in the "suburbs".

I've been thinking about The Strain. What is your pick for the best of the list?
                        Orphan Black is really good...perhaps the best on my short list.

But you should watch Last Ship, it has a lot of action and you just have to suspend your disbelief in order to enjoy this show. Michael Bay is directing this show, so it's a good action filled show.

I like Defiance as it routinely kills off major characters without flicking and is set in a wild west environment where rules don't always apply to everyone. It's a dark and gloomy world where survival is a must.
                        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                          For one word, it's probably: MONEY. Or MARKET.
                          These words do not convey the empty feelings of longing, missing and nostalgia
                          after the series you have been following so intensively and for so long
                          have gone
                          BoRG

Comment

Grief?
                            Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

• Binge watched Season 2 (the last season) of HBO's Rome. Not a bad series at all.
                              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Just watched the recently released last four seasons (5-8) NYPD Blue. The only series I have really followed closely, always enjoyed the interrogation techniques. Earthly, great character development to the end and insights to big city life, and much more.
                                Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X