X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent Carter.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Pillars of the Earth and Agent Carter.
      TTFN

Comment

• New seasons of Mythbusters and Outrageous Acts of Science. Yes, I know I'm a geek.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Rewatched the first 2 episodes of John Adams.
          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Homeland season 3 and the Wire season 2 they're both great.

Comment

• The Musketeers!

Comment

• Space 1999

Comment

• Archer.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Fire-in-the-Hole! Not kidding. Reality show about a small commercial demolition company.

Comment

• Boardwalk Empire season 4 finale season 5 looks like it'll be great.

Comment

• Vietnam in HD.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Sons of Liberty on the History Channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMax View Post
                            Sons of Liberty on the History Channel.
                            I haven't been watching it but the promos looked interesting this year. How accurate do you feel it is?

Comment

• The main problems I saw in it so far was casting and the script. We know the broad outline of what happened, but the day to day did not get recorded, so what I see is sometimes plausible. The main problem I have is the people playing John Adams and Abigail Adams. John Adams was quite short and Abigail was much taller than him. She was also quite outspoken. The actor playing John Adams should be a bit heavier as well.

Sam Adams was 43 when these events happened. This makes him a bit old to be running across roofs. He also inherited a brewery. His arrest was due to him owing inheritance taxes on his Father's estate. It was the Sheriff that had the warrant issued. I don't think Hutchins was even Governor yet. The Sheriff was too smart to go try to arrest Sam Adams. The Sheriff kept sending him letters to debate the issue.

John Hancock could not possibly have raised that amount of cash to pay that debt anyway. Translated into today's currency that debt was in at least the tens of millions! There was a lot of paper script floating around instead of gold and silver.

There were no British Troops in Boston until several years later. British troops are not used enforce customs laws if they are there.

I think they got Ben Franklin right, though. Did ole Ben wear a night shirt to bathe in? I really don't need to know!

Genera Gage had been in command of the British Army in North America for several years at the time these events happened. He was living in New York state.

Paul Revere was not a nice guy. Read up on him in Bernard Cornwell's book "The Fort".

I can hardly wait to see how they bungle George Washington. Old George could out curse the Mule Skinners later and was always angling to get the highest rank possible. He also was quite the Lady's Man. When you see a sign saying "George Slept Here", assume he had company!

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                                I haven't been watching it but the promos looked interesting this year. How accurate do you feel it is?
                                Sons of Liberty is like AMC’s Turn in that it is a drama set during the Revolution with public domain characters not a documentary. However like does a good job of showing the strain of spying, SoL does a good job of showing the fury that propelled the Revolution and the “Not Englishmen, Colonials” attitude that was the real reason for Independence. And both show the brutally of the British Army in America that was a main reason why the crown lost the war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X