Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After starting 3 weeks ago, I just completed watching all four seasons of Game of Thrones. I'm very impressed with the show. Looking forward to Season 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
      After starting 3 weeks ago, I just completed watching all four seasons of Game of Thrones. I'm very impressed with the show. Looking forward to Season 5.
      Do you dare read the books?
      Cymru am Byth

Comment

• Also watching Marco Polo on Netflix. Enjoyable so far.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

After starting 3 weeks ago, I just completed watching all four seasons of Game of Thrones. I'm very impressed with the show. Looking forward to Season 5.
          Best show on TV IMHO.
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Started Season 1 of Game of Thrones. Watched 2 episodes so far--I think I understand what's generally happening. Ending of episode 1 had me like "WHAAAAAA????!!!!" and I mashed the "next episode" button.

The wolves are awesome; favorite characters so far haha! Wish that one wolf would've ripped out the throat of that jackass kid with the red clothes/armor.
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevinmeath View Post
              Do you dare read the books?
              I have enough books to catch up and read.

GoT is a good show to watch and turn your mind off from reality. I'm not sure I have the patience to read and turn pages to find out what happens to my favorite characters (Tyron, Arya, Jon) and...hopefully, how Cersei dies!

Looking forward to Season 5.

Comment

I have enough books to catch up and read.

GoT is a good show to watch and turn your mind off from reality. I'm not sure I have the patience to read and turn pages to find out what happens to my favorite characters (Tyron, Arya, Jon) and...hopefully, how Cersei dies!

Looking forward to Season 5.
                I did after I caught up on the first two series just because I was made to read it an known what happened.

Fine -- it does 'spoil' the TV series somewhat because I know (roughly) whats going to happen.
                Cymru am Byth

Comment

• Last current show was the Christmas episode of Major Crimes. "A double case of Santa-cide" was the worst pun of the night.
                  Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Catching up on House.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Bewitched - It was Halloween, and Tabitha via "Wishcraft" brought 3 characters in one of her picture books to life, and they mingled with the humans going about on Halloween. Mrs. Kravitz across the street had a young nephew visiting, and his costume just happened to be the same as the appearance of one of the creatures - a ghost with a pumpkin head.

Naturally, there were complications - the two "ghosts" got interchanged, and Mrs. Kravitz saw the creature's head flying off from its body, and Larry Tate saw the real creature disappear. When this happened, he looked at his drink, probably his 5th of the night, and Louise Tate said he had "had enough of his medicine". Poor Mrs. Kravitz had just said as she was taking her nephew home that when she got home she was going to "take her medicine".

Comment

• Bewitched - It was Thanksgiving and Samantha and Darren and Tabitha were going to have Thanksgiving dinner alone at home when out of the blue Aunt Clara come down the Chimney and stayed and while telling Tabitha about her experiences at the first Thanksgiving somehow her dysfunctional witchcraft brought them all to Plymouth at the first Thanksgiving - including poor Mrs. Kravitz who had just come by to borrow a cup of sugar.

While there, Darrin gets put on trial for his life after speaking funny and lighting a match. Samantha gives an impassioned speech about intolerance etc. and via Witchcraft makes the chief accuser light an already-used match and then Aunt Clara remembered the spell to get them back and they all went back - including Mrs. Kravitz who apparently realized it was real but realized Abner wouldn't believe her. Interesting to see Dick York in multiple scenes leaning on things - his bad back must have been killing him.

As always, no exploration of the idea of whether their visit to the past changed the course of history, or was fated to occur, etc. - this was from 1966, we would have to wait until 67 and the summer of love and Star Trek to explore those issues - ad nauseam.

Comment

• Found a DVD set of Laugh-In at Costco.

...Looking forward to watch the show this weekend between the games of footballs.

Comment

• F Troop - Wild Eagle had a toothache, so O'Rourke and Agarn dressed him as a trooper so the visiting dentist could pull his tooth, but General Courage (whom the fort was named after) was on his retirement tour, so he noticed the new trooper, who somehow managed to impress in various ways, including by throwing his coat on a puddle so General Courage didn't have to walk in a puddle, so Wild Eagle eventually got promoted to Major.

But in the end the status quo was restored, and the O'Rourke Enterprises boys and the Hekawis go back to doing what makes America great -getting rich off of the biggest stooge in the world, the American taxpayer.
                            Last edited by lakechampainer; 12 Jan 15, 17:39.

Comment

• The Wire.
                              I've watched the first 5 episodes and it's pretty fing good.

Comment

• Midway through the first season of True Detective.

Mathew McConaughey's character makes the typical film noir anti-hero seem like Jim Carey.

Not the kind of guy you would bring along to party in Vegas.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X