This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    Of course I am old enough to remember when some dudes used to read National Geographic to check out the half naked tribal ladies..

Pruitt
    Was that before or after reading playboy for the articles?
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
      Was that before or after reading playboy for the articles?
      One of my fond memories of Basic Training was reading George McDonald Fraser's "Flashman in the Great Game" in Playboy. They had a nice interview of Kurt Vonnegut way back around then as well. My Momma would not allow Playboy in her house (so we hid them!). We had a collection of National Geographic going back to about 1963. I don't think she ever read them!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        One of my fond memories of Basic Training was reading George McDonald Fraser's "Flashman in the Great Game" in Playboy. They had a nice interview of Kurt Vonnegut way back around then as well. My Momma would not allow Playboy in her house (so we hid them!). We had a collection of National Geographic going back to about 1963. I don't think she ever read them!

Pruitt

You mean to say you actually had time to read a book in basic training. Shame on you for not reading training manuals instead.

Comment

• Fargo - the new series...still watching it.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Hec Ramsey...
            Skip

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB
              Two movies I am happy I watch on the Movie Netwok and not paid to see at a movie theatre:

The Lone Ranger

Pacific Rim

If you want to watch the latest movies for free there is an app called cartoon hd from the iPhone store or google play, I have ditched all my movie channels and am saving a lot of money watching them for free via my I phone or kindle fire hd.

http://gappcenter.com/cartoon/

I highly recommend it

Comment

• Turn
                TTFN

Comment

• The Musketeers... (Currently on BBC Canada & Showcase)

Hmmf! Perhaps I expected better!

Comment

• Inspector Lewis.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Game of Thrones.
                      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Billy Bob my kinda Guy...

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Fargo - the new series...still watching it.
                        I'm watching this too (Tuesdays); just waiting for a wood chopper scene.

p.s. Luv those sign language guys; they coulda got a lot of work in Brooklyn in the '30s.

Comment

• The Blacklist
                          BoRG
                          "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• The 6 O'Clock News...Very interesting and current. Always new stuff, although some stories sometime seem un-ending, night after night.

Comment

• Whitechapel- 1st season. Liked it a lot. Hoping that iTunes gets the other seasons soon.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Watched the Vikings season 2 finale last night. It was quite intense I thought.

While the relatively low amount of episodes per season is kind of annoying, I think that overall it's a plus--methinks it's like "would you rather have fewer, but well planned/played out/worthwhile episodes or a lot of more frivolous episodes."
                                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X