X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
    Binge watching this:

That is probably the best documentary ever made. And Ashokan Farewell as the main theme for it was perfect. Such a beautiful song. Somewhat recently I came across the lyrics for it and singing it along with the song practically made me bawl! Such beauty!

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
    Starting to watch the Viking series. After 3 episodes, I'm hooked. Sorta like Boardwalk Empire with Longboats and Scandinavian accents!
    I like this series! I can't wait for Season 2 later this month!!

Are not Ragnar's blue eyes amazing?

I have a Vikings wallpaper as my computer wallpaper that shows their longboat going through the fjord, and has the Vikings show logo.

By the by, I saw something explaining the logo. The right side strikes me as looking kind of like a Seax/Sax blade stained with blood. This of course is for war and such. The left side, from bottom to top is floral for life, intertwined (similar to Celtic really) for brotherhood, and then seafaring and technology and such.

I actually did my own customized version of it, putting in Norse symbols like Thor's Mjolnir (hammer) on top of the serpent Jorgunmandr, crushing it like they believed would happen, and I put some runes. I colored the wavy part on the left side a blue color and the straight part on the edge of the left side of the V with brown and to me it looked like a wave or wind and a ship's bulkead.
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
      I like this series! I can't wait for Season 2 later this month!!

Are not Ragnar's blue eyes amazing?

I have a Vikings wallpaper as my computer wallpaper that shows their longboat going through the fjord, and has the Vikings show logo.

By the by, I saw something explaining the logo. The right side strikes me as looking kind of like a Seax/Sax blade stained with blood. This of course is for war and such. The left side, from bottom to top is floral for life, intertwined (similar to Celtic really) for brotherhood, and then seafaring and technology and such.

I actually did my own customized version of it, putting in Norse symbols like Thor's Mjolnir (hammer) on top of the serpent Jorgunmandr, crushing it like they believed would happen, and I put some runes. I colored the wavy part on the left side a blue color and the straight part on the edge of the left side of the V with brown and to me it looked like a wave or wind and a ship's bulkead.
      Yup! Sounds that you are pretty much hard-cored hooked on the series. Pacing myself to 2-3 episodes a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
        Yup! Sounds that you are pretty much hard-cored hooked on the series. Pacing myself to 2-3 episodes a week.
        Haha pretty much. That should bring you safely to Season 2 without withdrawals lol.
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Season 3 of:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Season 3 of:

Great Season 3. Especially Episode 2 at the wedding.

Looking so forward to Season 4 and...Moriaty! (He's back.....)

Comment

Season 3 of:

His best line:

Jealous Ex-boyfriend of the Bride to Sherlock: "You're a psychopath!!!"

Sherlock (the Best Man of the groom):"No. I'm a highly developed sociopath...Who knows where you live!" He smiles.

Comment

• Binge watching George Gently on Netflix. A very enjoyable show!

Hooked on it big time.
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Been watching the beginnings of Season 2 of Vikings. Stuff's getting very crazy.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Bates Motel

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

• catching up with a few at the moment but last one was The Walking Dead what a series never been into the Zombie things usually but this changed my mind totally

Comment

• Finally found time to go through Season 6 of Burn Notice.

Comment

• Game of thrones, just watched the latest episode an hour ago and over the last week I watched all the episodes of Vikings on amazon instant video, a brilliant series with ore to come. Not exactly accurate on history but well worth watching

Comment

• Originally posted by queensman View Post
                            I watched all the episodes of Vikings on amazon instant video, a brilliant series with ore to come. Not exactly accurate on history but well worth watching
                            I suspect many are watching it to see the naked women and women fighting. Remember Xenia?

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              I suspect many are watching it to see the naked women and women fighting. Remember Xenia?

Pruitt
                              Hehe, having watched all of the show that is available thus far, I must say that it's not fantasized really. Or it doesn't seem so. Sure there are some women fighting but its not like they're wearing combat bikini armor. And I don't remember seeing any actually naked women in it.

--Hávamál

Comment

• I saw enough to call some women naked! Lagertha and Ragnar inviting the Priest to join them in bed was special...At least Lagertha carrying a shield and weapons looks authentic. Some like Siggy look like a beautiful woman trying to look martial. Of course I am old enough to remember when some dudes used to read National Geographic to check out the half naked tribal ladies..

Pruitt
                                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X