X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
    I'll give it another week or two.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
      Love Luther. The only thing comparable to some of the shows I see on the BBC is HBO stateside.
      Some of the FX shows aren't bad either. Sons Of Anarchy and Justified are worth checking out. Sons is on Netflix. Sadly Justified isn't...yet. There's always hope.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dogsbody67 View Post

Watched the episode of The Young Ones called 'Bambi' when they represent Scumbag College against Lord Snot & Co in 'University Challenge ' - classic 80s comedy.
        Is that Sherlock Holmes grinning for the camera? The bloke on the right? Oh wait, I don't think you get Elementary over 'ome. Let's try that again.

Is that Angelina Jolie's first husband grinning for the camera? The bloke on the right?

Cheers,
        Dan.
        So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

• I thought it was the bloke on the left that played Vivien...

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Halfway through the 1st season of Boardwalk Empire. Another excellent HBO series.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Just watched Sherlock, The Last Vow, series 3 episode 3, for the second time via my tivo.
              To any Sherlock fans across the pond, it will blow your mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                Halfway through the 1st season of Boardwalk Empire. Another excellent HBO series.
                I think we have similar tastes in Drama, and I think you'll like it; it only gets better. Btw, I just started watching True Detective because of that post you made a while back and I'm loving it so far. These days, except on occasion, television dramas are better written than film imo, especially HBO.
                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                  Some of the FX shows aren't bad either. Sons Of Anarchy and Justified are worth checking out. Sons is on Netflix. Sadly Justified isn't...yet. There's always hope.
                  I watched the first three seasons of Justified and I really liked it, but I just never kept up with it. Sons of Anarchy I hear so much about, but I just haven't decided to sit down and start the first episode yet. In time.
                  ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Justified is a pretty good show--I've only watched a few episodes, and came in in the middle (my family was watching it when I was away at school, but saw some when I came home), and I thought it was good. They're always talking about it.
                    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                      I think we have similar tastes in Drama, and I think you'll like it; it only gets better. Btw, I just started watching True Detective because of that post you made a while back and I'm loving it so far. These days, except on occasion, television dramas are better written than film imo, especially HBO.
                      I agree. Television is undergoing a Golden Age. Excellent stuff especially HBO.
                      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Found another UK show on Netflix that's not too bad:

Comment

• Originally posted by redcoat View Post
                          Just watched Sherlock, The Last Vow, series 3 episode 3, for the second time via my tivo.
                          To any Sherlock fans across the pond, it will blow your mind
                          Looking foward to episode 3.

Let me guess...The show will involve someone brains being blown up with a gun!!!!! Thanks

Comment

• Binge watching this:

Comment

• Starting to watch the Viking series. After 3 episodes, I'm hooked. Sorta like Boardwalk Empire with Longboats and Scandinavian accents!

Comment

• Rediscovering Frasier:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X