Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the episode of The Young Ones called 'Bambi' when they represent Scumbag College against Lord Snot & Co in 'University Challenge ' - classic 80s comedy.
    HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• I loved that episode!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• An episode of Lock 'N Load with R. Lee Ermey.
        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Bill Cosby's stand up special. Old man has still got it.
          "Hit hard when you start, but don't start until you have everything ready." - Lt. Gen. James Longstreet

Pyrrhus Travels West:
          Hanno the Infamous, General of Carthage, Rb Mhnt of Sicily

Comment

• Another excellent HBO series:

True Detective.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• I finished Season 1 of Vikings and liked it. Ragnar's blue eyes are epic.
              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Saw the season 5 premiere of Archer. Did not expect what happened in the first five minutes.
                "Hit hard when you start, but don't start until you have everything ready." - Lt. Gen. James Longstreet

Pyrrhus Travels West:
                Hanno the Infamous, General of Carthage, Rb Mhnt of Sicily

Comment

• Mythbusters. An episode devoted to moonshine. I'm so jealous of those guys.
                  Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• The Nazi Gospels

I knew the Nazis were delusional about their fear of Jews but I didn't know how totally out of touch with reality they were.

Comment

• Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                      The Nazi Gospels

I knew the Nazis were delusional about their fear of Jews but I didn't know how totally out of touch with reality they were.
                      I thought the first hint would be them unknowingly claiming the superiority of Iranians/Persians...
                      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                        I thought the first hint would be them unknowingly claiming the superiority of Iranians/Persians...
                        As compared to whom? The Aryans were a barbarian tribe that attacked and subdued Northern India. None of them strayed into Europe. The Germans were on one of the most used invasion routes in the world. Every army rode through and left its seed. Therefor the Germans have a little bit of everything in their dna. Hitler is a good example of a mongrel mixture. It is bad enough his Father married his niece (or was it his Grandfather?), one of his Grandmothers was likely the bastard daughter of a local Jewish Doctor. Like several other high ranking Nazis, the Nazi bigwigs admitted Adolf was Jewish. The racial theory took its most bizarre twist when they claimed Japanese were Aryan as well!

There were also several Slavic tribes in Germany that were not ostracized like the Jews and others were.

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          As compared to whom?
                          Right, so it was basically a fabrication, that those Hitler referred to as "Aryans" were simply not Aryans, no? Unless I'm missing something.

But yeah, in my class I'm taking called "Barbarians," it is ironic since we were just discussing Aryans/Nazi "Aryans" today a wee bit. Though it was also mostly in the context of the difference between the actual people and the sect of Christianity (of say the Goths I believe it was) which has a name that sounds the same.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Getting into a few BBC shows on Netflix. Foyle's War, Island At War and Luther. Liking all of them.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                              Luther
                              Love Luther. The only thing comparable to some of the shows I see on the BBC is HBO stateside.
                              ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Intelligence

Should be treated as a sci-fi show for best enjoyment as their physics is more than a bit sloppy. Character interactions show some potential for development. I'll give it another week or two.
                                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X