This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way Dan, but I'm rather surprised you like Breaking Bad as it is after all about a meth cooker/dealer. That turned me off to the series initially and after watching all of Season 1, I saw nothing that changed my first impression. I'll grant that it's well acted but the storyline is not really believable imho. And there's not really a sympathetic character in the whole cast other than Walter, Jr.

Everybody I know is telling me that I'm missing out big time but I just don't get it.
    It's not really about meth cooking. It's about Walter White's journey to the Dark side as his moral values start to unravel in the pursuit of providing for his family after he dies from lung cancer. Every choice he makes leads to unintended consequences, and cost a lot of people's lives.

You're right that the story isn't always plausible in some areas, but you have to admit that even in real life, some ordinary law-abiding citizens will go to extreme measures in order to provide for their families. Though it's rare that they will go to the lengths like Walter White did, but the choices are real, that's what the show is all about.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Been reacquainting myself with Sports Night on FXX. It only ran 2 seasons back in the late 90s/00, but it was an interesting show and had great potential. Always thought it should've had a longer run.

It was also notable for Robert Guillaume's performance in the later episodes. In real life, he suffered a stroke and it was incorporated into the show. And if you watch the episodes before and after the stroke, you can definitely tell that Mr. Guillaume had a stroke. But he recovered nicely and is still with us.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
        It's not really about meth cooking. It's about Walter White's journey to the Dark side as his moral values start to unravel in the pursuit of providing for his family after he dies from lung cancer. Every choice he makes leads to unintended consequences, and cost a lot of people's lives.

You're right that the story isn't always plausible in some areas, but you have to admit that even in real life, some ordinary law-abiding citizens will go to extreme measures in order to provide for their families. Though it's rare that they will go to the lengths like Walter White did, but the choices are real, that's what the show is all about.
        Thanks for your answer.

Maybe I didn't give it long enough but there's so many other show to watch. Maybe in the future I'll give it another try.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
          Thanks for your answer.

Maybe I didn't give it long enough but there's so many other show to watch. Maybe in the future I'll give it another try.
          I know, I have a huge list of shows to follow and it's impossible to do that on my schedule.

However, I'm keeping an eye on Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and few others.

I'm looking forward to the return of the House of Cards in October. Kevin Spacey is absolutely brilliant when he talks to the fourth wall!
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• HBO had a VICE marathon yesterday so I caught six episodes I'd previously missed. Some of it was just okay but a few segments were really first class video journalism.
            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• The last episode of "Breaking Bad" it was a satisfying ending.

Comment

• Family Feud.
                "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Season 2, Episode 2 of Elementary.
                  SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• An Oldie but a goodie (excuse the pun!)

A real blast from the past.... The Goodies. Found a DVD of this trio and they are still (mostly) funny after all these years. Give 'em a go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0MRIpF-urg
                    HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                      The last episode of "Breaking Bad" it was a satisfying ending.
                      I totally missed this but heard/read really good things about it.
                      Should I make an effort to make amends?
                      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• The 1st season of Sleeper Cell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
                          I totally missed this but heard/read really good things about it.
                          Should I make an effort to make amends?
                          Yes you should.
                          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Anyone like this show?

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Just started watching period drama "the Americans".
                              Espionage in the Cold War, an era I remember well.
                              Music also is from the eighties

Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 13 Oct 13, 14:24.
                              BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Season 2, Episode 3 of Elementary.
                                SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X