Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here watch the Breaking Bad series? It's a very good show, it's now into its final season and there are only two more episodes to go. I'm sorry to see it end, but at least it got to say good bye in its own way.

Right now, I am watching the 2nd season of Homeland on DVD. It's absolutely brilliant as you watch how Carries copes with her bipolar disorder and Brody deals with his own personal struggle between his loyalty to Al-Nazir and everything else. It's almost equal to 24 in its audacity and story-line. Lots of good political intrigues and character development, I put this series down as one of the best political/action series currently on air.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Yup, watching every waking moment of Breaking Bad.
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• I just finished the series finale of Burn Notice and I'm going to miss this show alot!

Comment

• Originally posted by McMax View Post
          I just finished the series finale of Burn Notice and I'm going to miss this show alot!
          Yup, but the ending was disappointing to say at least. I expected something with more bang. However, it was nice to see Western's mom go out like that. What a bittersweet ending it was.
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• The premiere of Sleepy Hollow on Fox. Not great but not bad either. Hopefully the story fleshes out a little more and they can keep it interesting.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
              The premiere of Sleepy Hollow on Fox. Not great but not bad either. Hopefully the story fleshes out a little more and they can keep it interesting.
              The wife and I enjoyed it, ain't bad. It has potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoeless View Post
                The wife and I enjoyed it, ain't bad. It has potential.
                Exactly. The 1st show seemed a little rushed. Packing a lot of info into an hour.

Comment

• Watched a little bit of Fox News earlier...waiting for later and then it's Duck Dynasty!
                  SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Exactly. The 1st show seemed a little rushed. Packing a lot of info into an hour.

I saw enough to warrant catching a second episode. I completely agree with your spoiler btw.

I got a chuckle from the "headless" roadsign scene.
                    BoRG
                    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Last TV show I watched:

Only had Si in the first 10-15 mins, though...so it was missing something the last part.
                      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• I saw a comic that showed a character saying something like "I've learned more about positive values and family in a couple seasons of Duck Dynasty than watching CNN for the past 30 years."
                        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

The premiere of Sleepy Hollow on Fox. Not great but not bad either. Hopefully the story fleshes out a little more and they can keep it interesting.

TV Guide just posted that John Noble of Fringe is going to be doing a recurring role on Sleepy Hollow. Bringing on a star like him is a sign that FOX is backing the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMax View Post
                            TV Guide just posted that John Noble of Fringe is going to be doing a recurring role on Sleepy Hollow. Bringing on a star like him is a sign that FOX is backing the show.
                            That is welcome news. Can't say enough how pleasantly surprised I was by the premiere episode. As stated before, the show has a lot of upside to it. Keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't go the cheesy route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                              Anyone here watch the Breaking Bad series? It's a very good show, it's now into its final season and there are only two more episodes to go. I'm sorry to see it end, but at least it got to say good bye in its own way.

Right now, I am watching the 2nd season of Homeland on DVD. It's absolutely brilliant as you watch how Carries copes with her bipolar disorder and Brody deals with his own personal struggle between his loyalty to Al-Nazir and everything else. It's almost equal to 24 in its audacity and story-line. Lots of good political intrigues and character development, I put this series down as one of the best political/action series currently on air.
                              Please don't take this the wrong way Dan, but I'm rather surprised you like Breaking Bad as it is after all about a meth cooker/dealer. That turned me off to the series initially and after watching all of Season 1, I saw nothing that changed my first impression. I'll grant that it's well acted but the storyline is not really believable imho. And there's not really a sympathetic character in the whole cast other than Walter, Jr.

Everybody I know is telling me that I'm missing out big time but I just don't get it.

Comment

• Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X