Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is indeed good in the show, though.
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
      She is indeed good in the show, though.
      Agree wholeheartedly.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Lonesome Dove for the umptenth time. I like the cast. Robert Duval is excellent.

Comment

• I enjoy Longmire as well. I buy the episodes as they come available off Amazon. I'm liking The Bridge thus far. Fx has become a favorite channel.
          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
            I enjoy Longmire as well. I buy the episodes as they come available off Amazon. I'm liking The Bridge thus far. Fx has become a favorite channel.
            Same here on FX. The Bridge is getting very interesting. Lots and lots of subplots going. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Also looking forward to the new AMC series Low Winter Sun.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• James Clavell's Shogun.
              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• It's interesting how Longmire seems to be the only modern crime solving show (CSI, NCIS, etc.) that doesn't seem to be focused on technology and therefore younger generations. Sherlock is a bit special though because while it does involve technology, it's main focus is his thought process. But still. I like how Longmire is more down to Earth with thought processes than Sherlock, is all rural unlike CSI and such, but still interesting.
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

It's interesting how Longmire seems to be the only modern crime solving show (CSI, NCIS, etc.) that doesn't seem to be focused on technology and therefore younger generations. Sherlock is a bit special though because while it does involve technology, it's main focus is his thought process. But still. I like how Longmire is more down to Earth with thought processes than Sherlock, is all rural unlike CSI and such, but still interesting.
                  There are a bunch of current TV crime dramas that don't rely on tech:

Criminal Minds
                  The Mentalist
                  Castle
                  Blue Bloods
                  Law and Order: SVU

Those are just a few off the top of mu head.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post

Criminal Minds
                    The Mentalist
                    Castle
                    Blue Bloods

Ah well true. Heard and seen a number of episodes of both of those but haven't heard of the other 3.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post

Criminal Minds
                      The Mentalist
                      Castle
                      Blue Bloods

I might quibble with you on criminal minds. There is a bit tech there. How many time has Garcia pulled the case breaking clue out of her computers?
                      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• I've got another non-tech crime drama: Elementary.
                        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                          I might quibble with you on criminal minds. There is a bit tech there. How many time has Garcia pulled the case breaking clue out of her computers?
                          Yeah I thought about that but decided to go with it anyway.
                          Last edited by Captain General; 07 Aug 13, 06:38.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• I haven't watched Criminal Minds in quite some time but now that you bring it up, I had forgotten about Garcia. Still though, the show, obviously being called Criminal MINDS focuses more on psychology of criminals as opposed to high tech analysis like in CSI. In any case it's good to have a variety of different crime solving show styles.

--Hávamál

Comment

I haven't watched Criminal Minds in quite some time but now that you bring it up, I had forgotten about Garcia. Still though, the show, obviously being called Criminal MINDS focuses more on psychology of criminals as opposed to high tech analysis like in CSI. In any case it's good to have a variety of different crime solving show styles.
                              Speaking of Garcia, I saw a poll recently on Yahoo News that said she was the most popular character on any currently running CBS series.

Also read that the actress who plays her is a lesbian.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Luther's become a quick favorite of mine.

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X