Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going to start watching the last season of MI 5 I have on DVD, but got "stuck" watching The Voice. As I do not like reality shows, I must say that I was impress by the talent out there...

MI 5 is going to have to wait!

Comment

• Been watching the original 1960's episodes...great seeing young actors becoming famous later.

"It is sometimes tougher to fight my superiors than the French" Heinz Guderian

Comment

• I finally found time to watch the last season of MI 5 on DVD.

Unlike the first nine seasons, the quality of the dialogue and script were "below standard." It left me with the impression that the writers and/or producers took "short cuts" to get the season done and over with.

The final episode is particularly hurting in the quality department.

Too bad, because the story ideas for each episode were great, just poorly written - resulting in some unusual bad acting by usually great actors.

If you are an MI 5 fan (in which case, you probably watched the last season already!), it is still worth watching, as the last season's episode offers closure on this great series.

Comment

• Borgen / The Government 3

Former Danish prime minister Brigitte Nyborg returns to politics and how
          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• I completed watching both seasons of the British series "Sherlock", placing Sherlock Holmes in the modern era.

Great script, great acting, great camera work, great innovation of old stories.

I enjoyed both seasons and looking forward to the next one.

Comment

• TV shows I want to devour on Netflix during the summer, not in order:

-Greatest Tank Battles
              -Deadliest Warrior
              -Sons of Guns
              -Sons of Anarchy
              -Walking Dead
              -Magnum PI (try to finish it-I'm on season 4 or 5)
              -Forward Unto Dawn
              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                TV shows I want to devour on Netflix during the summer, not in order:

-Sons of Guns
                Get ready for a lot of unneeded drama...Season 4 is FULL of it.

As for me, the last TV show I watched was a rerun of Duck Dynasty...gotta love the wisdom of Uncle Si!
                SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Billy Connolly's Route 66

In the first episode, Connolly's journey along Route 66 began in Chicago, Illinois, (the start of Route 66) and reached St. Louis, Missouri, as an initial destination. The show featured the Willis Tower (the tallest building in the United States) as a lead-in to Connolly's meeting with an Illinois champion pie-maker, an Amish family and two female St. Louis residents whose homes were destroyed by a tornado.

The second episode started where the first one finished—in St. Louis, with Connolly climbing the Gateway Arch. Now in the American West, Connolly visited a wolf sanctuary, participated in a Civil War re-enactment, hunted for turkey, sat in the world's largest rocking chair and visited a memorial commemorating the victims of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, in which 168 people lost their lives in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.

In the third episode, Connolly joined a cattle drive in Oklahoma City, before he moved onward to Texas to visit the ghost town of Glenrio and the Devil's Rope Museum. He later met two men who helped to create the atomic bomb in Los Alamos, New Mexico before taking part in a rodeo in Arizona.

In the fourth and final episode of Route 66, Connolly visited a massive meteorite crater as well as the Grand Canyon in Arizona. He took the viewers into a sanctuary for unwanted exotic pets, where he fed a lion cub and met with a campaigner who was trying to keep the historic Route 66 alive. Connolly's journey concluded at the end of Route 66 in Santa Monica.
                  Philip
                  Last edited by PhilipLaos; 15 May 13, 00:54.
                  "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Phil,

I thought the first TV episode of "Route 66" was filmed on Grand Island in Louisiana? This is the start of the longest road in Louisiana, Highway 1.

Pruitt

edit: that was episode 2! Episode 1 happened in Mississippi.
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                      Get ready for a lot of unneeded drama...Season 4 is FULL of it.

As for me, the last TV show I watched was a rerun of Duck Dynasty...gotta love the wisdom of Uncle Si!
                      As long as they have sweet things that go bang, like usual, I think I can bear through it
                      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• LOL episode 1's a tank destroyer; episode 4's a Russian anti-tank gun...yes, things go boom. Downside is they brought Vince back and he talks trash every chance he gets.
                        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                          LOL episode 1's a tank destroyer; episode 4's a Russian anti-tank gun...yes, things go boom. Downside is they brought Vince back and he talks trash every chance he gets.
                          Oh yeah, Vince and Kris do-it's a little funny sometimes but it seems to detract slightly.

In any case, I've also on and off been watching a lot of FPSRussia-that is ALL funny, and ALL about things going boom-not much else (except awesomeness)

Which reminds me-if you like FPSRussia, check out this series he's in, called "The Controller" (it's a Machinima sponsored thing on youtube). if you've watched and enjoyed Top Shot, it's similar. There's multiple 2 person Fireteams-one experienced gamer, and one experienced real life soldier. The Soldier has to try to get through the video game with the gamer's help, and the gamer has to try to get through targets with real guns, with help from the soldier. I watched one episode so far, and like it. Doesn't seem too dramatized either.

Which reminds me-I need to continue watching Top Shot. Some of the drama and/or people can get on my nerves, but I like seeing all the weapons in action, and seeing the challenges.

--Hávamál

Comment

• I have been watching Arrested Development on Netflix. Pretty funny show IMO.
                            "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

• Commando: On The Front Line

In The Highest Tradition

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Longmire. Finished season 1 (it was only 10 episodes so far on Netflix. There are more playing though)

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X