X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sickcityclub View Post
    Boardwalk Empire - great show

Modern Family - Hilarious

Family Guns just started watching it but it's difficult as the GF is not a fan
    Family guns? Hmm, sounds interesting.
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
      Family guns? Hmm, sounds interesting.
      I would suggest giving it a go

They are a father and son partnership who own a massive collection of historic military equipment, they loan out to movie productions, think they worked on Saving Private Ryan and I'm sure several others.

The Dad is British and a real character obsessed with collecting pistols the son is the MD and trying to the run the company as a business and is American.

He however is like a kid in a toy store bar the fact that the toys are tanks and flamethrowers!

As you can imagine this creates clashes in their two different approaches. Makes for create viewing!

Have I wetted your appetite? it has just come over to us in England in the last few weeks but I presume it has been on a while in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by sickcityclub View Post
        I would suggest giving it a go

They are a father and son partnership who own a massive collection of historic military equipment, they loan out to movie productions, think they worked on Saving Private Ryan and I'm sure several others.

The Dad is British and a real character obsessed with collecting pistols the son is the MD and trying to the run the company as a business and is American.

He however is like a kid in a toy store bar the fact that the toys are tanks and flamethrowers!

As you can imagine this creates clashes in their two different approaches. Makes for create viewing!

Have I wetted your appetite? it has just come over to us in England in the last few weeks but I presume it has been on a while in America.
        I don't have cable or satellite TV. I basically just watch Netflix-and I haven't seen it on there, so I'm not sure how long we've had it here.

But anyways, I can tell that a lot of it is just the drama. I fear that this would take away from genuine historical background on the weapons-maybe some primary source material like war stories. Otherwise, I'll check it out. Sounds kind of similar to Sons of Guns, which I enjoy. Still haven't finished it though-got big into Magnum PI on Netflix over the summer before I could finish SoG.
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• this is a good resource

-- No it isn't. It's just a web aggregator, commonly used to get people to malware sites. Link deleted. --
          Last edited by GCoyote; 30 Nov 12, 21:18.

Comment

• Watch some of Swamp People Season 2 last night...probably going to finish up Season 2 and start on Season 3 today. Gonna review before the new season starts!
            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Continued watching an HBO thing on concussions called "Head Games." This is in my Anatomy class.

--Hávamál

Comment

• I watched "Burn Notice" last night. Not a half bad episode.
                "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

• Rocket City Rednecks on NatGeo.
                  This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• I think the last TV show I watched was some more Magnum PI. I'm on season 4, about episode 13 or so. Pretty much exactly halfway through the show, which is 8 seasons.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Watched I Love Lucy earlier today.
                        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Been watching the show The Last Resort. Not the best thing to come on tv, but I'm sucked into it.

Comment

• Finding Bigfoot. I know. I know. I'm hooked though...
                            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                            -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                              Finding Bigfoot. I know. I know. I'm hooked though...
                              It's ok, I once watched an entire episode of Real Housewives of New Jersey. I wish I had some clever retort as to why...but I don't.
                              ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• ^ That I can understand. I like to witness the 'madness' and arguing - like watching a train wreck so to speak.

I guess I have always been interested in big foot since I was little.
                                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X