X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
    'The Family that Defied Hitler'

The Family That Defied Hitler is about an entire Jewish family - mother, father and two daughters - who, against all odds, survived. Despite being separated, they all survived and were reunited.

This one-hour special portrays the astonishing combination of guile, nerve and luck, which resulted in one of the most unlikely stories of the Second World War. In the dark days of the Nazi regime, Jews faced a desperate and often futile battle to save their lives. It was extremely rare for more than one child in a family to survive, and even rarer for a married couple to escape alive.

But a few years ago, filmmaker Michael Attwell discovered within his circle of friends a true story that is among the most amazing of all: the survival of an entire family – including the father, mother and two daughters. Only one other whole Jewish family in Nazi-occupied Europe is thought to have survived Hitler’s rule.

From: http://www.tvsa.co.za/mastershowinfo...tershowid=1479
    is this it? will watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJysjqQtkww
    Cymru am Byth

Comment

• Netflix just recently added season 4 of Sons of Anarchy. Watched episode 1 this morning.
      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

• Babylon 5 - Season 1 (we're about 1/2 way through).
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Homeland: Series 2.

Fascinating series since it's so topical, but it sure does move slowly. We spend a full two minutes of seeing the main female character (CIA operative) putting on her make up, and lots of similar, unnecessary time-consuming scenes which add nothing at all to the story line.

One episode of the BBC, also topical, series 'Spooks' could be split into an entire 12 part series if they had decided to pad each episode out with such time-consuming scenes.

Not that I mind particularly - I have a lot of time on my hands these days.

Philip
          "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Elementary...not too bad for a 'Sherlock Holmes in the 21st Century'-kinda deal.
            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
              Elementary...not too bad for a 'Sherlock Holmes in the 21st Century'-kinda deal.
              I've watching that too. From the promos I was afraid it was going to be rip-off of Monk. But so far it's been fairly original and all of the leads are generally believable characters.

Comment

• The Walking Dead
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• LDRS 2012 - The final launch was just classic.

Comment

• Last show besides The Walking Dead, Squidbillies, Family Guy, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force? We watched Mockingbird Lane Friday. It was hilarious, especially Eddie Izzard.
                    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I forgot. A documentary on the German officers involved with Valkyrie.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                        Babylon 5 - Season 1 (we're about 1/2 way through).

We are re watching it for the umpteenth time. Currently on season 2, and just watched Spider in the Web.

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/028.html
                        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                          Last show besides The Walking Dead, Squidbillies, Family Guy, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force? We watched Mockingbird Lane Friday. It was hilarious, especially Eddie Izzard.
                          Ha, Kirk that's great. I never figured you as the Adult Swim type but this makes me very happy.
                          ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Shifted to Hawaii Five-O for a bit.
                            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Lotsa things you don't know bout me squirt.

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                              Ha, Kirk that's great. I never figured you as the Adult Swim type but this makes me very happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                                squirt.
                                Yeah, ok pops.
                                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X