Anyone watching Hatfields & McCoys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching Hatfields & McCoys?

The History Channel has been busy sucking, I know, but they did suspend their " history, let's just make cheap "reality" shows" marathon long enough to slip in this miniseries with Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. It's pretty interesting, worth at least a view. Part 2 tonight with a reshowing of 1 if you missed it, 3 in all.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

I watched it and the movie is pretty good. It would be much better if Kevin Costner weren't in it. I don't like him and usually avoid any of his movies. He must be desperate for work to do a TV miniseries.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

It's interesting so far!
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

If HC got the story right it looks to me that the whole feud started with a difference in values (one turning his back on the Confederacy - the other being very religious). The pig, timber, and son/daughter affair are really just logs on an already burning fire.

I liked the episode last night and look forward to tonight's.
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

It was okay.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Probably the best thing on the History channel in a while.
            The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

My cousin who is related by blood to one and by marriage to another,called me today and asked if I saw it. I said not yet. It is on my DVR. I don't have the mind to sit and watch it. When you lose a friend,you don't comprehend what is on tv.
              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X