Game Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Shows

I have been a Jeopardy fan for ages. And today I got to play with my 17 year old daughter. We love Jeopardy. I love the days I get home before the kids do,we play Jeopardy,and even her 16 year old brother is playing today. My son and daughter have gotten to around 120K. My highest one time was 217,300. That was a fluke. I usually average 70-140K

I like The Price Is Right,but not Drew Carey,Deal Or No Deal,Password,Millionaire,Match Game(Longtime fan) and Family Feud. Basically,I do like the ones that make you think the most. Although with Match Game,it was the hilarity I enjoyed. I still watch it.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    I have been a Jeopardy fan for ages. And today I got to play with my 17 year old daughter. We love Jeopardy. I love the days I get home before the kids do,we play Jeopardy,and even her 16 year old brother is playing today. My son and daughter have gotten to around 120K. My highest one time was 217,300. That was a fluke. I usually average 70-140K

I like The Price Is Right,but not Drew Carey,Deal Or No Deal,Password,Millionaire,Match Game(Longtime fan) and Family Feud. Basically,I do like the ones that make you think the most. Although with Match Game,it was the hilarity I enjoyed. I still watch it.
    All good game shows . Jeopardy the best of the whole bunch. They help keep my mind sharp and help me forget the problem of the day .

Comment

Brain Food.

Comment

The only game show I will watch is Jeopardy, because like everyone else, I test my knowledge by trying to get the answer first. I especially like the college competitions.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I test mine on all of them. Callie says I am showing off. I said no. I am keeping my brain alive.

Comment

You know, I found it interesting that you have some of the same game shows there as here. I find that Deal or No Deal show (Which here is ran by the most obnoxious human being in the world) to be more a game of guessing than of any skill or knowledge or anything really, a chimp could do it and by the look of some of the contestants, they already are. The millionaire show, Jeopardy (which here is called something else) and Family Feud (Family Fortunes here) we have. I mean to ask Americans I know, if you have shows of the following formats or simmilar?; (these are, in my opinion, the best quiz game shows in Britain for testing your knowledges )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Challenge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggheads_%28TV_series%29 (less good, but occasionally some taxing questions)
            ------
            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Never seen those,and Deal or No Deal here is hosted by Howie Mandel. I am always yelling at them when they get greedy. I would take the deal on certain occasions,some don't.

Comment

II usually average 70-140K

I,Match Game(Longtime fan) and Family Feud. Basically,I do like the ones that make you think the most. Although with Match Game,it was the hilarity I enjoyed. I still watch it.
                Match Game was awesome!

Comment

Now that I am older,I swear half the time most of the cast and Gene Rayburn was half-loaded. Only one who wasn't was Richard Dawson. He was a complete tee-totaler. A rarity in Hollyweird. But Brett Somers and Charles Nelson Reilly did,as I am sure Gene Rayburn did. But it was a hysterical laugh riot. My kids-and my wife laugh their butts off at the clothes of that era,and Rayburn's flashy suits.My dad still has a couple of them wild plaid suit coats. If I could wear them,I'd have a 70's night New Year's Eve party,but I haven't had one of those in 9 years. I prefer to vege out.

Comment

My favorites as a kid was Treasure Hunt & and the one with Monty Hall where he asked people to choose the box or what's behind the numbered doors. I belive in a bird in hand is worth two in the bush . So I would have missed out on a few good items by not taking the door or the box

Comment

Oh yes. The one they've murdered on CBS right now. Let's Make A Deal. Monty was the best.

Comment

Here is one for you guys that will keep more alive than your brain. In Italy I saw a game show called "Colpo Grosso", which means something like "Big Strike".

I gather that the way it works is this. If you get the answers to the questions right, then you get to have the studio models strip. If you are wrong, then you must take off yours.

They do things a bit different over there

In this variation of the show, their wives are the ones to strip.

Great Song

Comment

I don't take my clothes off like that anymore. That was my well,salad days.

Comment

I usually only watch Jeopardy!...used to watch The Price Is Right, but stopped after Bob Barker retired. IMHO, Drew Carey isn't really a worthy successor to him.

-Matt
                            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Matthew,he isn't a worthy successor even to Rin Tin Tin.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X