Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything that is wrong with Hollywood summed up in one review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best two movies in the last year or so I've even LIKED was True Grit and Cowboys and Aliens. Must show my true colors.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Those two reviewers sound like they have no idea what they are talking about.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
        Those two reviewers sound like they have no idea what they are talking about.
        I was reminded of Beavis' review of a Korn video.

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I personally think that this scene from Malick in his 'The New World' is possibly one of the best scenes ever shot in cinematic history.

Sure, 'The Tree of Life' might be quite wanky and incomprehensible (I've watched several scenes of the film, and I hated and didn't understand most of them), but that doesn't make him a bad writer and director! He's a very deep and philosophical bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittikhun View Post

Sure, 'The Tree of Life' might be quite wanky and incomprehensible (I've watched several scenes of the film, and I hated and didn't understand most of them), but that doesn't make him a bad writer and director! He's a very deep and philosophical bloke.
            He's a pretentious bore.

But that's just my opinion.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Reminds me of those artists who just pee on a canvas and are praised for their "vision" and "bold use of space".

As a general rule, I have noticed that the more a critic praises a film, the less I like it, and I love the ones the critics pan. They seem to constantly forget that unlike them, we do not get paid a lot of money to watch movies for a living, so we look for entertainment more than deep messages.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                As a general rule, I have noticed that the more a critic praises a film, the less I like it, and I love the ones the critics pan. They seem to constantly forget that unlike them, we do not get paid a lot of money to watch movies for a living, so we look for entertainment more than deep messages.
                My POV exactly.
                And god help anyone that listens to a critic these days.

Comment

Hmmm.

I saw life of Pi the other day. It was an enjoyable enough story, and should win the Oscar for cinematography hands down, but that was about it. I'd give it a solid 3.5 out of 5.

The critics, on the other hand, gleefully jerked off to it like it was the finest movie made in decades. Or they hated it. I seemed like they needed to be firmly in one camp or the other or else their opinion wasn't valid. That they are all sheep seems good enough reason to invalidate their opinions IMHO.
                  Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    My POV exactly.
                    And god help anyone that listens to a critic these days.
                    Not me. If a critic pans a movie I like, so much the better. If a critic enjoyed a movie I like, then that's fine too. Movie critics never sway my opinion of a movie.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                      Klaudia Tanner
                      by casanova
                      During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                      Yesterday, 23:56
                    • Karri
                      Doom Patrol
                      by Karri
                      Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                      Yesterday, 23:55
                    • Nikki
                      Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                      by Nikki
                      Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                      Yesterday, 23:03
                    Working...
                    X