Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones, season 2, War is Coming!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
    Martin as pretty much stopped giving updates on the next book. He did mention on his blog that he was doing a lot of sidebar work for a world book that is set in the same universe. I think the book is going to be titled World of Ice and Fire.
    In short Martin is dodging work on book six!

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Thanks guys, why am I not by this from Grrm, But at least the show has some catching up to do before they need to wory about scripting that season.

Even more so if they do full seasons on 1/2 of each book for the rest of the series... I really hope that works out and we get more and even better eps for all the interesting characters we know, and are about to know!!

Cheers

Tom

Comment

• Fast forward

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Martin manages further down his books to loop what I call "tertiary fronts" back to the main events in Westeros?

In other words: does main character Jon Snow’s adventures countering the threats that lurk in the high North start to relate to game of thrones in the south.
        Or will Daenerys Taryargen with her fledgling dragons in the far East, manage to use her dragons to get her throne back?
        IIRC I read somewhere that it will take 20 years to raise dragons.
        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          In short Martin is dodging work on book six!

Pruitt
          He has already written and published a fantasy novel. He's stretching it our deliberately to jack up the value.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
            Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Martin manages further down his books to loop what I call "tertiary fronts" back to the main events in Westeros?

In other words: does main character Jon Snow’s adventures countering the threats that lurk in the high North start to relate to game of thrones in the south.
            Or will Daenerys Taryargen with her fledgling dragons in the far East, manage to use her dragons to get her throne back?
            IIRC I read somewhere that it will take 20 years to raise dragons.
            Things were starting to trend in that direction at the end of Dances with Dragons.
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Battle of Blackwater and the Siege of King’s Landing

Close to the end of Book Two, I just read one of the most superbly penned battle epics I have come across in my life on the naval Battle of Blackwater and the Siege of King’s Landing.
              Planning and leading the defence, my hero Tyrion Lannister’s ploy to destroy as many of the attacking warships as possible with an exploding hulk full of wildfire, works out to terrific effect.
              However the ‘halfman’ cannot rest on his laurels as he is forced to lead a counterattack on the enemy land forces that managed to come ashore
              as the boy king Joffrey and his bodyguard the Hound (secretly afraid of fire) are not entering the fray.

Best battle description I have come across in a long time. Looking forward how this is worked out on TV.
              BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
                Close to the end of Book Two, I just read one of the most superbly penned battle epics I have come across in my life on the naval Battle of Blackwater and the Siege of King’s Landing.
                Planning and leading the defence, my hero Tyrion Lannister’s ploy to destroy as many of the attacking warships as possible with an exploding hulk full of wildfire, works out to terrific effect.
                However the ‘halfman’ cannot rest on his laurels as he is forced to lead a counterattack on the enemy land forces that managed to come ashore
                as the boy king Joffrey and his bodyguard the Hound (secretly afraid of fire) are not entering the fray.

Best battle description I have come across in a long time. Looking forward how this is worked out on TV.
                That episode (Episode 9 of Season 2: Blackwater) was the best one of the entire TV series so far.

Fantastic!
                "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X