Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martok View Post
    There is nothing new under the sun.

I have read a few reviews of this movie and from that decided I will wait until it comes out for rental. Or maybe on HBO. Or maybe the late movie. Maybe not even then.
    I went into the movie EXTREMELY critical. Had no interest in the books, had a general dislike of the "teenager sensation" sort of thing, and had read plenty of poor reviews. And I came out really satisfied.

Not saying you HAVE to go see it, but of all the crap coming out soon (the Avengers and G.I.Junk), it definitely stands out.
    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

I'll admit I was biased going in, but I also was hoping to be surprised. I didn't overturn any of my preconceived ideas. I haven't read the books and therefore I'll reserve judgement on them. I've heard from friends that the silver screen adaptation so far doesn't do them justice.
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

I saw it and liked it, however I think anyone of age who read SF is familiar with almost every movie or TV plot in this genre.

I'm waiting for Enders Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X