Hatfield-McCoy mini series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatfield-McCoy mini series

New mini series about the Hatfield McCoy feud. The 3 parter will star Kevin Costner,Bill Paxton,Powers Boothe and Tom Barenger.

http://www.history.com/hatfields-and-mccoys

Looks good.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Can't wait. I heard Brad Pitt is involved also.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good cast.

I'll have to check it out.
      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Who's singing that song? Sounds like it might be called 'Hell To Pay' I love it.

Comment

A documentary on the feud is set to run on HISTORY the day before the miniseries starts. Its director is Mark Cowen, who co-produced and directed "Band of Brothers: We Stand Alone Together," the documentary accompaniment to HBO's "BoB" miniseries.

Comment

Don't forget,those of us who are watching it. May 28th-29th-30th 9/8 Central History Channel.

Comment

I've got my DVR already set for it!

I hear they turned Costner down when he wanted to name it "Dances With Rednecks...
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Me too. I found out who's singing,it's Costner's band,Modern West. The CD of the movie music is already sold out at Amazon my son told me.

Comment

As usual I missed the entire thing. What started that fued anyhow ?

Comment

The intial events surround the killing of a family member in West Virginia who fought for the Union. This led to the reprisal killing of a family friend on the other side. Thisngs spiral down from there but it looks as if the love affair between a young man and woman from both families, involving a pregnancy, will touch off the "whole shoot'in match"

To say the boys in those hills were a bit "lawless" is the definition of understatement.
                    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

From the view of a lifelong Kentucky country boy, who has from time to time, been among "The hill people"....the whole thing missed the mark considerably.
                      The film makers just couldnt resist "cowboying it up"!!
                      As you can tell....I wasnt impressed.

John
                      The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
                      It's truly a simple concept.
                      Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Is Paxton possibly cutting his teeth for the Civil War HBO series?
                        ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

I don't know. I've been more ill than I realized last few days. I haven't seen the episodes I have on DVR.

Comment

Saw it. LOVED IT. End of story.

...the beauty of a miniseries.
                            "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Welly,not my line,but my cousin is related to both. Lovely hm?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tuebor
                                Whitmer Again
                                by Tuebor
                                Sigh...

Not really a surprise. She and her family reportedly vacationed on Mackinac Island over Easter, and vehicles have been...
                                Today, 16:26
                              • wolfhnd
                                Do you expect a second wave of Covid 19
                                by wolfhnd
                                This is the third installment of my guessing game. It is for the U.S. specifically irrespective of regional differences in 2020.

Apparently...
                                We will see a modest spike in July or August
                                0%
                                We will see a modest spike in October through December
                                100.00%
                                There will be a significant spike in October through December
                                0%
                                There will be a large second wave, time frame unspecified.
                                0%
                                Today, 15:47
                              • Massena
                                Trump Threatens...
                                by Massena
                                ...to pull the Republican National Convention from Charlotte, NC...

Please do.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/25/poli...
                                Today, 12:30
                              Working...
                              X