Classic Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Centurion40 View Post
    Bingo. But then, as the series went on, Han moved-up, past Luke. But my all-time fave character is Leia's gold bikini.

And don't underestimate the sly coolness of Admiral Ackbar.
    Ahh, now... don't go falling into that trap!
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

Tough choice for me between Chewbacca and R2D2. Let me say R2D2 probably should have credit for Luke and Leia being born at all. In the first three movies (the new ones), he saves Luke's father Anakin how many times? Not to mention Obi Wan (third favorite).

Chewbacca is that anomaly, who I wondered why was even there, but who without would make it look like something is missing. He was the only one who was 'keepin' it real' while everyone was worrying about some damn Empire and evil Lord's. At least with Chewbacca I can easily identify myself with because he's the epitome of "leave me the hell alone".

But R2D2 was my vote because no other robot in any movie I've seen can show spunk. It doesn't need to speak a human language to understand the temperament of R2D2, independent, stubborn, intuitive, resourceful, practical, and more often than not, right.
      The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I voted Han Solo, because he's the character that has the more realistic feel. Throughout the movies he's a rebel, even in the rebel establishment he's considered 'on the fringe'. He drives the equivalent of a souped up VW Microbus with machine guns, and carries himself like Clint Eastwood. He's also the most pragmatic one, though he rarely follows his own advice. Countless times he states the obvious dangers to a situation, and yet he still goes through with the crazy plans. Plus, he's from the classic star wars, therefore he was votable.

If I had to pick one character which I liked the best, it would be Grand Admiral Thrawn, aka Syndic Mit'thraw'nurudo. The single greatest tactical mind in the Galaxy. I'd just advise him to correct his only fatal mistake, that is, pissing of the Noghri. If he hadn't done that he'd have been nigh unstoppable.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Nothing beats looking at Princess Leia reclining back in that slave girl dancers kit, oh boy many of nerds had sleepless nights over that one.

Comment

An honorable mention should be Admiral Ackbar, who uttered the immortal line in Return of the Jedi: "It's a TRAP!"

Comment

Grand Moff Tarkin, for 'Proceeding with the Demonstration'

As the only person to actually get to destroy an entire planet, he is pretty cool. Plus, I like his relationship with Darth Vader, it is more brotherly and comradely than master-servant. In fact it appears that He has some measure of authority over Vader.

One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
                Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
                  I Kept my vote in the Wedge Camp, thereby voting other. non-essential character becoming a unsung hero. Thought it was really cool.
                  It always makes me a bit suspicious about Luke Skywalker that two of his best pilot friends are named Wedge and Dak.

(Note-in Aussie Slang, to 'Dack' someone is to sneak up on them and pull down their 'Dacks', or trousers)
                  Last edited by Chukka; 09 Feb 12, 06:20.
                  One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
                  Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
                    Grand Moff Tarkin, for 'Proceeding with the Demonstration'

As the only person to actually get to destroy an entire planet, he is pretty cool. Plus, I like his relationship with Darth Vader, it is more brotherly and comradely than master-servant. In fact it appears that He has some measure of authority over Vader.

Agreed. He's also my favorite character in the series. Its was great to see him get a short cameo in number III.

All you ever wanted to know about him here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wilhuff_Tarkin
                    www.13thfoot.co.uk

Comment

Obi Wan.
                      • Your order has been destroyed.
                      • Your star pupil has betrayed everything you believe in.
                      • You are stuck on an over cooked dirtball for the next 20 years watching a nerd grow up.

Any lesser man would have skipped the booze and gone straight to heroin.
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X