Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Star Wars

I'm wondering:
    Who is your favorite character of the classic 'Star Wars' trilogy (episode IV, V and VI)?

Greets,
    Stratego
    Luke Skywalker
    5.77%
    Princess Leia
    5.77%
    Han Solo
    38.46%
    Darth Vader
    28.85%
    R2D2
    1.92%
    C3PO
    0.00%
    Chewbacca
    1.92%
    Boba Fett
    5.77%
    Yoda
    3.85%
    Other...
    7.69%
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Han Solo.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Chewbacca
      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Han Solo would be my favorite. I have always like Harrison Ford.
        In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
        - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Darth Vader every time .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Darth Vader from the time I first sat eyes on him.
            He is cool in whatever he does, be it conducting a battle or an ochestra
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

LOL!

I know it's still early, but I think it's funny that nobody's voted for Luke.

Comment

Lord Vader.
                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Darth Vader without him being the whiney, self-pitying, mama's boy? This poll considers the prequels to never have been? Then, yes, Darth Vader.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Tough choice between Han and Fett. I voted Fett

I hear that in the new version of New Hope they make Gredo shoot first, to paint Han as more of a 'good guy' - I prefered the previously established rogue more.
                    ------
                    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

There are three ways to answer this for me.

As a youngster growing up with the movies, I was very much in the Luke Skywalker camp. It did not become cool to like Han Solo in my neighborhood until well into the 80's.

Then, as an adult, I grew to like the more nuanced Han character. We are, none of us, perfect creatures. And it is our flaws that allow us to appreciate the flawed Solo.

But, as I age, I come more to appreciate (and resemble) Obi Wan. And I think ultimately that I will strive to be more the wise teacher, rather than the young hero, or the rakish rogue.

But I will vote for Luke since he was my first hero in the series.
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

As a boy, when I saw the films come out in the theater, I wanted to be Luke. Hence, my vote for him.
                        "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                        And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                          Tough choice between Han and Fett. I voted Fett
                          Delivery Man: "Mr. Feet? Mr. Bob A. Feet?"

Boba Fett (hanging his head in shame): "Sure...whatever..."

Scene from Robot Chickens version of Star Wars

"Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                          And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

"Sometimes I even impress myself." Han Solo hands down.
                            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

As Torien described above, my favourite has changed over time.

Currently I appreciate Han and Chewie. Simply because they are one character split in two.

The character of Han can be appreciated as the rogue, but without Chewie to guide his conscious, he is not a 'heroic' character.

For example:

During the preparations for the final assault on the Death Star in the original film, Han is content to take the money and run. It is quite apparent that this is not what Chewie wanted to do, but he is not the dominant character in the duo.

However, we can appreciate that Han did have a streak of conscious. When making good his escape, there is no doubt in my mind that Chewie looked at him with head cocked to one side and arms raised in a "WTF" shrug and Han relented.

Han is the face, Chewie is the hero
                              Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X