No announcement yet.

The Best Chase Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The French Connection, When Popeye chases the train.

Comment

Hmm, sorry. I'm not really into car chases. I'm more of a hand-to-hand combat kind of person.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The mother of them all - the car chase in Bullitt.

of course its the best, look who was driving the actual car for Christ sakes..!!!

...mind you, in those uneconomical times for cars, wonder how many fuel stops both of them made during the chase..??!!

Comment

...to this esteemed lsit may i add one from a great old film of its time...

Comment

I nominate the entire film - "Duel" with Dennis Weaver. One of Spielberg's first directorial efforts, IIRC.
            "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by Galland View Post
              ...to this esteemed lsit may i add one from a great old film of its time...

"The Road Warrior" starts out with an awesome car chase scene and then throughout the entire movie has awesome car chase scenes, especially the ending.

Comment

I've got to nominate the "against the flow of traffic" chase from Ronin.
                Silent Hunter UK
                Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                  Bullitt set the bar; it helps when you've got a lead actor that can drive. I think the Bourne series had a few darn good ones.

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                  And I must admit to liking the opening scene of Quantum of Solace

Yep I was thinking about these too.
                  "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Loftin, who performed car stunts for Bullitt, was also involved with the chase in Against All Odds. It was a bad ass race along LA's Sunset Blvd between a Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole and a Porsche 911SC.

Sorry...this is not a car chase, it's a car race.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I thought there were some very good chase scenes in Drive.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                      X