Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Leno Sued Over Joke

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=698294
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

The Sikhs need to grow up, and remember how many nasty comments they have made about Westerners. They also need to immediately learn the definitions of "satire" and "political humor".
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The Sikhs need to grow up, and remember how many nasty comments they have made about Westerners.
      Such as? I'm not being sarcastic, it's just I haven't heard a lot of nasty comments from Sikhs...probably because I don't know many, but still.
      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
        Such as? I'm not being sarcastic, it's just I haven't heard a lot of nasty comments from Sikhs...probably because I don't know many, but still.
        Talk to some old Brits about the reaction of the Sikhs to being incorporated into the British Empire back in the days of the Raj.

Or about their own insults towards the tribes around them whom they did not get along with.

I believe as an article of faith that white people are probably the only people on Earth who can take a joke about themselves.

I took care of a couple of Sikh males in the INS detention facility in Denver, and their comments about the Hispanic detainees were vicious and extremely insulting, and they didn't care that I heard them. One of them informed me that I was "unclean" because I touched the other detainees...so I informed him that he was SOL for medical treatment because I didn't have time to go through some cleansing ceremony just so I could examine his scroty little body, which needed a shower in the first place.

I can't be completely sure, but I might have hurt his feelings.

Comment

I took care of a couple of Sikh males in the INS detention facility in Denver, and their comments about the Hispanic detainees were vicious and extremely insulting, and they didn't care that I heard them. One of them informed me that I was "unclean" because I touched the other detainees...so I informed him that he was SOL for medical treatment because I didn't have time to go through some cleansing ceremony just so I could examine his scroty little body, which needed a shower in the first place.

NICE!

-Matt
          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Talk to some old Brits about the reaction of the Sikhs to being incorporated into the British Empire back in the days of the Raj.

Or about their own insults towards the tribes around them whom they did not get along with.

I believe as an article of faith that white people are probably the only people on Earth who can take a joke about themselves.

Hmmm. Doesn't sound good. Thanks for sharing, but surely other groups/ethnicities are guilty of nasty comments? I know latinos (probably myself included) can be right mean sometimes...
            "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
              Hmmm. Doesn't sound good. Thanks for sharing, but surely other groups/ethnicities are guilty of nasty comments? I know latinos (probably myself included) can be right mean sometimes...
              Of course they are, and they do...and that's the point. Any group that claims to be offended at humor like that needs to gaze deeply into a mirror first.

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                Give me a break!
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

It might be worth being sued for a joke that was funny, which that one wasn't.

Comment

Of course they are, and they do...and that's the point. Any group that claims to be offended at humor like that needs to gaze deeply into a mirror first.
                    True. Very true.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                      It might be worth being sued for a joke that was funny, which that one wasn't.
                      Actual humor is not a staple of American comedians any longer. Take a look at guys like Letterman. Mahr, Leary, Miller, Colbert and others.

Even Lewis Black now has to use the F-word in almost every punchline in order to get laughs. Americans are jaded and disillusioned.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X