No announcement yet.

Downton Abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirley MacLaine has just been cast as Lady Grantham's mother.

I hope we get to see her in some spats with Maggie Smith's Dowager Countess of Grantham.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s183/...ms-mother.html

Handbags at dawn!!!!

Maggie Moments:

"COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
    - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

I caught the series last year. Now watching season 2 on the Public Bulling System, followed by this contemporary rendition of Sherlock Holmes. Masterpiece is about all PBS is good for these days.

It's a good show. Maggie Smith totally steals it with all her plotting and mannerisms. EDIT: <Looks above> And I see I'm not the only one who thinks so.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Saturday Night Live takes a shot at Downton Abbey.
        “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
          Saturday Night Live takes a shot at Downton Abbey.
          That was hilarious!
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
            That was hilarious!
            Must be a Brit/American humour thing ... but I didn't find it funny at all - sorry guys.

And that's bloke's voice? Hard to listen to more than a few seconds of that.

Some things do cross the pond and some things don't.
            - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck's Luck View Post
              Must be a Brit/American humour thing ... but I didn't find it funny at all - sorry guys.

And that's bloke's voice? Hard to listen to more than a few seconds of that.

Some things do cross the pond and some things don't.
              His voice is part of the humor. All the guys who narrate any shows on the Spike channel (which is geared to adolescent and college age males) here in the states sound and speak exactly like the guy in the skit.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                His voice is part of the humor. All the guys who narrate any shows on the Spike channel (which is geared to adolescent and college age males) here in the states sound and speak exactly like the guy in the skit.
                Yeah American 'Humor' ... not Brit humour. And I know what the voice is a parody of - we get enough of your programmes over here ta very much and that sort of narration - original or parody - grates like I'm afraid.

Voice aside I don't find the skit funny either. It's just one of those things.

Like I said .. not everything crosses the pond.
                - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck's Luck View Post
                  Yeah American 'Humor' ... not Brit humour. And I know what the voice is a parody of - we get enough of your programmes over here ta very much and that sort of narration - original or parody - grates like I'm afraid.

Voice aside I don't find the skit funny either. It's just one of those things.

Like I said .. not everything crosses the pond.
                  True.

Sense of humor varies from person to person.

No worries.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X