X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¡Ave Maria! What a powerful movie scene

Pickett's Charge from the 1993 film: Gettysburg

Your thoughts?
    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

In this case...a big dump on the movie. I have had the pure historical pleasure to sit at the Angle in late summer and stare out across the route of Pickets Charge. Not another soul in sight or even in hearing distance. I don't know, nor even care about others but I felt propelled back in time and could see, smell and hear those brave fool's attacking that line. I could almost feel the splatter of blood, the cry's of pain and the yells of victory. That was a feeling I had never before had in my live or have had since. That was Aug 88.
    Last edited by Half Pint John; 21 Jan 12, 17:06.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

An incredibly moving scene...this film ranks as my #1 all-time movie. Love the soundtrack as well.

-Matt
      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
        An incredibly moving scene...this film ranks as my #1 all-time movie. Love the soundtrack as well.

-Matt
        Agreed. When he put his sword through his hat and charged...I was pretty proud to live in Virginia!
        "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

It was pretty symbolic in more than one way...it was Richard Jordan - the man who played Armistead - 's final film. He died of a brain tumor two months before the film was released. What a screen swan song, though...may he RIP.

-Matt

Comment

I wouldn’t have had any music at all just the sound of the men moving forward. The rattle of equipment, and the sound of them marching that would have been impressive.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Even so, the music they chose was epic...have I mentioned I love the soundtrack to this movie?

-Matt

Comment

Hard to believe that wars were fought this way not so long ago.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Hard to believe that wars were fought this way not so long ago.
                  Indeed. It's pretty shocking.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                    Even so, the music they chose was epic...have I mentioned I love the soundtrack to this movie?

-Matt
                    Definitely!

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

I'll give them an A for effort but a C in execution. That has to be the most bloodless big battle scene ever filmed. I did like the movie but the battle scenes are somewhat of a letdown.
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X