Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What movie was the most impressive to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What movie was the most impressive to you?

Most of movies awarded are quite abstruse and boring but I often get to see those movies first whenever I go to a theater. Yesterday, I heard the news CNN selected the 10 best movies in 2011 and searched for the list and listed 5 worst movies too. lollol Your highness is listed in worst 5 movies. Have you ever seen it? lollol I totally couldn't understand why the director made this movie that made all of the characters look morons. Hopefully, I found the movie named "Poetry" looking quite cool. Its story is that an old lady who has Alzheimer's disease comes to know that her grandson committed a crime while learning poetries and she confesses his guilty. "Poetry" won the award for its scenario in Cannes Film Festival 2010 and U.S village voice ranked its heroine-Yun jung hee as 4th in the best movie actresses. I think scenario is the base of all movies and the most important factor to make movies good or awful. I'd like to try this movie, Do you have any other movies to recommend?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/30/sh...0_undefined,0_

I've only heard of four out of the fifteen, and only one was on the good list. I'll recommend the fourth Pirates movie for the good list.

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Avatar, for its outstanding graphic that made the alien world of Pandora look so real.

I haven't seen the fourth pirate movie but if its anything like the other three, it makes for great escapist entertainment with action and adventure throughout and always something unexpected.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

2011 movies that made the most impression upon me?

In a good way:
        Battle: Los Angeles
        Limitless (expected crap & it was really quite good/interesting)
        Thor (low expectations & it turned-out to be al-right)
        Midnight in Paris (expected it to be 100% painful chick-flick but it was really quite interesting)
        Puss in Boots (loved every minute of it!)

In a bad way:
        Sucker Punch (high expectations due to awesome trailer)
        Green Lantern
        Hangover 2
        Jack & Jill
        New Year's Eve

Comment

I agree...Thor was quite good, and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I can't wait for Puss In Boots to hit DVD; I'm definitely going to rent it!

-Matt

Comment

"Tora, Tora, Tora". I saw it in the theaters. Very close to the facts. A bit of apologetics but that was the trade for having the Japanese involved.

Oh, and that horribly stupid mythical quote at the end didn't hurt the movie.
            Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
            Hyperwar, Whats New
            World War II Resources
            The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Gettysburg and Letters From Iwo Jima...the former got me interested in the Civil War, and the latter started my interest in the Imperial Japanese Army, not just the Imperial Japanese Navy.

-Matt

Comment

I haven't seen any of those movies, except for a part of Cowboys and Aliens.

Comment

Out of all of the films mentioned the only one I've seen is 'Bridesmaids.' No matter what you hear about it being more than just a chick flick, at the end of the day, it's just a chick flick.

On the other hand I see that a South Korean film is mentioned on the 'Best of 2011' list. If you can; rent, download or steal a 2008 South Korean film called 'The Chaser.' It is phenomenal. It will be sub-titled, but don't let that put you off. I don't think it will disappoint anyone here.

Cheers,
                  Dan.
                  So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Tombstone
                    It defines the Wyatt Earp saga.
                    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not the most impressive, but very impressive none the less. Tae Guk Gi. A Korean production every bit as good as anything here IMO. The full movie is subtitled.
                      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Hmm, I'd have to say:

Black Hawk Down, because it was pretty 'real' and 'heavy'

Sherlock Holmes
                        Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, saw both in the theater and I thought the second was best, although both were great-the most impressive was the escape through the forest in the second one, where the slow motion ballistics and such blew my mind!

Gods and Generals
                        Gettysburg, seen both a couple of times and taught me a lot about the Civil War.

RED: Retired and Extremely Dangerous, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but it was a pretty nice movie with some hilarious parts but also some good action.

Amazing Grace, because it's a great historical film, and because I didn't know where the song Amazing Grace originally came from.

Those are just a few though.
                        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

I have to say Amazing Grace too,I forgot that 64 thank you. I also thought The Longest Day was very impressive,such a large cast of stars-something you don't see today,and it was very good. I've even had my kids watch it. I said you might learn something.
                          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Saving Private Ryan
                            Gettysburg
                            Pulp Fiction
                            The Fellowship of the Ring
                            The Godfather One and Two
                            Doctor Zhivago
                            The Hustler
                            In Cold Blood
                            Barry Lyndon
                            The Thin Red Line (hated it first time, now love it).
                            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                              Saving Private Ryan
                              Gettysburg
                              Pulp Fiction
                              The Fellowship of the Ring
                              The Godfather One and Two
                              Doctor Zhivago
                              The Hustler
                              In Cold Blood
                              Barry Lyndon
                              The Thin Red Line (hated it first time, now love it).
                              Definitely some impressive movies there. I forgot about the Lord of the Rings movies-they have some amazing stuff.

@Reb-The Longest Day is certainly a great movie...on TV, it turns YOUR day into the longest day! I tried watching it one morning on TV at the coast some years ago and I think it was over at noon and started probably around 9:30!
                              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X