Spectre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectre

In 1977 Gene Roddenberry of Star Trek fame treid to start a new TV show called Spectre . It stared Robert Culp as William Sebastion and Gig Young as Dr. Hamilton both experts in Ghost and Demon hunting. He could not sell it then but it was turned into a T.V movie which can be rarely seen on T.V. But what I would like to know is why, with all of the Sci-Fi shows and Ghost Shows on T.V. today, nobody tried to resureact this good show . Of cource we can't use Culp and Young because they have both passed on . I feel it would fit in right now maybe on Fox or some where . If not that how about some one puttting it on DVD . I've searching but can't seem find it at all. Thanks for listening to me ramble on.

There's a lot of good stuff out there that haven't been put on DVD. I don't understand it. The only thing I can figure is that they don't think they can make money on it. One I've been waiting on is The Last Command starring Sterling Hayden as Jim Bowie. Good movie but available only on VHS.

Comment

Sounds a lot like Korchak, the night stalker.
      Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

There is a lot of good stuff that never even gets a re-run, let alone a DVD.

Some of it has to do with copyright ownership and estates, but alot of it has to do with???
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Okay I agree with all of you. But How about some network like Fox or Sci-Fi or even Britian's I.T.V. geting to work on a Spectre TV Show nowadays ? It's just a thought and how about some DVD people putting it on DVD. The last Time I saw it was on the Fox Movie Channel on Time Warner Cable .

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
            Sounds a lot like Korchak, the night stalker.
            psst...that's "Kolchak".

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
              Okay I agree with all of you. But How about some network like Fox or Sci-Fi or even Britian's I.T.V. geting to work on a Spectre TV Show nowadays ? It's just a thought and how about some DVD people putting it on DVD. The last Time I saw it was on the Fox Movie Channel on Time Warner Cable .
              Probably one of the biggest issues today is audience demographics. Production is aimed at young, unsophisticated and generally non-reading audiences, and must be sold to sponsors who expect a good return.

I've seen some good stuff on IVT in the past, such as the old Moon Base Alpha series with Marin Landau and Barbara Baines.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Probably one of the biggest issues today is audience demographics. Production is aimed at young, unsophisticated and generally non-reading audiences, and must be sold to sponsors who expect a good return.

I've seen some good stuff on IVT in the past, such as the old Moon Base Alpha series with Marin Landau and Barbara Baines.
                Yes I agree a lot of the young people are too busy playing Viedo games to read at all. And in other words you are saying I'm out of luck Huh ?
                Well I can always live in hope .

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDog48 View Post
                  There's a lot of good stuff out there that haven't been put on DVD. I don't understand it. The only thing I can figure is that they don't think they can make money on it. One I've been waiting on is The Last Command starring Sterling Hayden as Jim Bowie. Good movie but available only on VHS.
                  If you have cable TV and you have Turner Classic Movies . Keep an eye open I have seen the Sterling Hayden Lost Commnad on there a few times, The problem is you have to get lucky. What I do is in the beginng of the month I bring up TCM's Monthly schedule and I have a look for the month . Sometime you see something good.P.S. I'm looking for China Gate 1957 with Gene Barry also available in VHS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X