John Carter of Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Carter of Mars

I just saw , on the T.V. , that Disney is making a John Carter of Mars movie. Okay all well and good but why is it that the studios only use two of Edgar Rice Burroughs works. Tarzan of the Apes or John Carter. How about his other stuff Carson Napier of Venus , The Caspak series , The Moon series and my favorite The Pellucidar series . And some of his other works not in a series at all but very good . Just a thought

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
    I just saw , on the T.V. , that Disney is making a John Carter of Mars movie. Okay all well and good but why is it that the studios only use two of Edgar Rice Burroughs works. Tarzan of the Apes or John Carter. How about his other stuff Carson Napier of Venus , The Caspak series , The Moon series and my favorite The Pellucidar series . And some of his other works not in a series at all but very good . Just a thought
    Give them time, they'll eventually cash in on everything they can. We'll have lots of eye candy as a result.
    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
    Hyperwar, Whats New
    World War II Resources
    The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Movies have been made based on the Pellucidar and Caspak books. Both stared Doug McClure. Titles were At the Earth's Core and (I think)The Land that Time Forgot. Unfortunately, neither were very good.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDog48 View Post
        Movies have been made based on the Pellucidar and Caspak books. Both stared Doug McClure. Titles were At the Earth's Core and (I think)The Land that Time Forgot. Unfortunately, neither were very good.
        The Doug McClure Land that Time Forgot wasn't as bad as the C. Thomas Howell version.
        Hyperwar, Whats New
        World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
          I agree! Probably because very few people have heard of, much less read, any of those?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
            The Doug McClure Land that Time Forgot wasn't as bad as the C. Thomas Howell version.
            Yes I agree but I'm looking for movies of all three Caspac novles, And the one movie with Doug McClure and Pete Cushing was pretty poorly made . I'm talking about a good version of all the books. Five in all I think I found them all on Albris a while back . By the way the last Caspack novel is Titles Out of Time's Aybiss no one has done that .

Comment

No one has done H.P. Lovecraft or A.E. Merritt, either, nor have they done and of Howard's books except Conan. Howard also wrote the Bran MacMorn series and the Kull of Atlantis series.

Part of the problem is that no one in Hollywoody actually reads anymore.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"The Dunwich Horror" was done.

It includes the funniest book rest in cinema history. (And a Sandra Dee body double.)

This are at least two "Call of Cthulhu" movies.
                Hyperwar, Whats New
                World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  No one has done H.P. Lovecraft or A.E. Merritt, either, nor have they done and of Howard's books except Conan. Howard also wrote the Bran MacMorn series and the Kull of Atlantis series.

Part of the problem is that no one in Hollywoody actually reads anymore.
                  Actually there have been a few adaptations of Howard's works. Red Sonja,Kull the Conqueror(which was crap) and Solomon Kane have been made into feature films.
                  If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I recall hearing a movie production of Howard's Solomon Cain series was in production. I always thought that was his best character.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                      I recall hearing a movie production of Howard's Solomon Cain series was in production. I always thought that was his best character.
                      The movie was not to bad but it lacked something. Good fight scenes a pretty good storyline but they might of tried to do to much. if they are doing another Solomon Kane movie this one makes sense asa great set up movie

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                        It has been out for a couple years now. Sadly it has never been released in the U.S.
                        You can find it online. IMHO it is the best adaptation of Howard's work.
                        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X