X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuck's Luck
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruairí Óg Ó Mór View Post
    Haha, how long is Liam Neeson living in the States, and he stiil can't do any American accents, wether broad or regional? It's caused a case of stupefaction. Still he tries his best whatever that is
    Another reason maybe why they went for Daniel Day Lewis instead of Liam Neeson for Lincoln?

I don't think a feature length movie of Lincoln with an Irish accent would work somehow?

Day Lewis seems to be rather better an doing an American accent maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Jones
    replied
    IIRC Monopoly's next on the list after Battleship. Maybe Wilford Brimley will play Mr. Monopoly.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Why not, they had Rock Em Sock Em Robots the movie last year. Now Battleship. Probably have Hungry Hungry Hippos or Connect Four the Movie in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Jones
    replied
    I can't believe I missed that! Sorry!

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• Super Six 4
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Sean Connery never could, either. In Hunt he was the only Russian with a Scottish burr.
    Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
    He was the same way in The Hunt For Red October. Still a Hollywood Legend, though.

I'm also looking forward to this movie...Liam Neeson's a great actor, and anything with battleships in it is bound to be good.

-Matt
    I believe we're talking about the same movie here

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    No ill speak of Qui-Gon Jinn shall be tolerated!!!!
    Speak of Qui-Gon Jinn ill shall you not.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    No ill speak of Qui-Gon Jinn shall be tolerated!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ogukuo72
    replied
    Sean Connery never could, either. In Hunt he was the only Russian with a Scottish burr.
    And he famously acted as a Berber with a Scottish accent in The Lion and the Wind, as well as an Irish cop with a Scottish accent in The Untouchables. But he's still great!

Liam Neeson is another fine actor.

A fake accent is only unforgivable when the acting generally sucked.

On the other hand, I do object to yet another movie about an alien invasion involving aliens in mech suits, key landmarks around the world being destroyed, and shields protecting alien ships. They've all been done so many times already. Can't we have something new?

Leave a comment:

• Pirateship1982
    replied
    I'm going to watch it. Looks like a good for fun movie meant to be taken about as seriously as Top Gun (that movie wasn't serious...right?).

Leave a comment:

• Matt Jones
    replied
    He was the same way in The Hunt For Red October. Still a Hollywood Legend, though.

I'm also looking forward to this movie...Liam Neeson's a great actor, and anything with battleships in it is bound to be good.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• Super Six 4
    replied
    Yet it's an awesome movie! I've seen it a handful of times and read the book.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruairí Óg Ó Mór View Post
    Haha, how long is Liam Neeson living in the States, and he stiil can't do any American accents, wether broad or regional? It's caused a case of stupefaction. Still he tries his best whatever that is
    Looking very much forward to the movie, i hope it's not a let down.

Leave a comment:

• Ruairí Óg Ó Mór
    replied
    Looking very much forward to the movie, i hope it's not a let down.

Leave a comment:

• Super Six 4
    replied
    Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
    I was thinking they were going to make a movie out of the game.
    It says something about Hasbro in one of those trailers I posted, but the only similarity might be the fleet makeup...although I think they have more than one of the ships.

I can't wait to see what they do with the 16" guns and the Phalanx CIWS.

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    I was thinking they were going to make a movie out of the game.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X