Iron Sky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sweat - it's not catching.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Well now!

I really didn't think the Armchair General would be the place to find practically anything about Iron Sky. Shows how wrong you can be

Anyway, yeah, in case you're interested about the movie, post a note to this thread or give me a holler in private. I'm the publicist for Iron Sky, so I can tell you quite a bit about what the movie is all about.

But, for starters, I suggest you visit our home page, ironsky.net, and our Facebook page, as those sites have plenty of content to dig into.

(Sorry for not providing you with direct links, but as this is my first post here, I still got four more to go before I'm allowed to post links.)

The premiere of the movie is April 4th 2012, so keep watching the skies. The Moon Nazis are about to invade

----

-Jori Virtanen, Iron Sky publicist

Comment

Originally posted by jorivirtanen View Post
        Well now!

I really didn't think the Armchair General would be the place to find practically anything about Iron Sky. Shows how wrong you can be

Anyway, yeah, in case you're interested about the movie, post a note to this thread or give me a holler in private. I'm the publicist for Iron Sky, so I can tell you quite a bit about what the movie is all about.

But, for starters, I suggest you visit our home page, ironsky.net, and our Facebook page, as those sites have plenty of content to dig into.

(Sorry for not providing you with direct links, but as this is my first post here, I still got four more to go before I'm allowed to post links.)

The premiere of the movie is April 4th 2012, so keep watching the skies. The Moon Nazis are about to invade

----

-Jori Virtanen, Iron Sky publicist
        Nice of you to stop by! It is that kind of fostering of support that tends to make people who are somewhat interested become VERY interested.
        The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
          Nice of you to stop by! It is that kind of fostering of support that tends to make people who are somewhat interested become VERY interested.
          Well, to be truly honest, seeing a thread about our work in a forum like the Armchair General makes us really warm and fuzzy inside. We're not expecting spontaneous threads just about anywhere (well, okay, maybe here and there), so seeing stuff like this happen really gives us hope and happiness. The trouble of registering so I can give the most important links to those interested in the Iron Sky project is really insignificant in comparison.

We hope that Iron Sky is indeed something you'd like to see. I could give you tons and tons of promo material, but I feel like I'd be in breach of codes of conduct if I did so before I'm sure it would be okay to do so. But, like I said, I'll happily tell you more about Iron Sky should you be interested. That would, quite seriously, be my pleasure

---

Jori Virtanen, Iron Sky publicist

Comment

What is your distribution model for the final film? Friends and I here in Canada are already planning an evening to get together to watch it. Will we be able to go to a theatre? Have to order a DVD shipped from Finland? Download?

It does look like fun
            Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Huge fan of this movie here! I have been following the production of the movie on daily basis for the past year. Even running a fan website of my own, in Russian The guys are doing a great work here, and its really unique with the crowdfunding.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadkiller View Post
                What is your distribution model for the final film? Friends and I here in Canada are already planning an evening to get together to watch it. Will we be able to go to a theatre? Have to order a DVD shipped from Finland? Download?

It does look like fun
                Amen brother!

Comment

Hey all y'all!

First, an answer to Selus, who PMd me for more data. Sorry, Selus, I couldn't answer privately, as I have to have more than five posts to do so. So, going public with this

Originally posted by Selous
                  I'm very interested in Iron Sky, and would love to have any info on it you're allowed to pass on
                  All right then! First off the bat, I recommend you new readers out there to check out our official site at www dot ironsky dot net (sorry for the url format, for the same abovementioned five-post restrictions) and our Facebook page. Lots of stuff there, including director's video diaries and teaser trailers!

Anyway.
                  Did you know that Iron Sky, with its ten million dollar budget, is by a clear margin the biggest movie ever made in Finland? And we are very prolific movie makers, too -- we just do low budget dramas most of the time

Or did you know that the Iron Sky project is and has always been a communal project? We're proud to say that we're in tight cahoots with our fans -- our fans have not only helped to promote us, but have also helped design and develop material for the movie, including space ships and movie posters? Or that our community has organized a fan flash mob to help us in tight shooting schedules in both New York and Frankfurt?

Glad to hear you want to know more! What would you like to know next?

Originally posted by Roadkiller
                  Currently we do not have theatrical distribution deal with Canada, but we're working on it as we speak! If that fails, then the DVD or Blu-Ray is a surefire way to go. Both formats will be released in late summer 2012.

As for digital distribution... Seeing that the whole team is quite vocal in their support for online distribution models (our previous movie, Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning, was downloadable from the very start), we're definitely working hard to find a way that doesn't leave us holding the bag.

Thanks for the good questions and definite interest in Iron Sky! Do you want to know more?

-Jori from the Iron Sky team

Comment

I just finished the director's cut on Netflix.

It was much better than I expected after reading some damning reviews on Facebook.
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Not great,but its a good film ,very entertaining. Sequel in the works I think.
                      Wack tac mac hey.
                      Regards.
                      Grishnak.

Comment

Bump. Topic re-surged in thread about the Moon and China.
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X