Who is your favorite film actor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlaterDoc View Post
    Why is it these days that so few seem to be able to just make a decision and stick with it? Was not the question "who is your favorite "actor"? Yet, the thread is beginning to look more like an edition of "Hollywood Reporter"!

There is one and only one that holds the top spot!
    The DUKE!

I can see a lot of you standing there in the morning with a perplexed look on your face and wondering, do I wear the blue shirt, the green shirt or the white shirt today? or do I want the cappuccino, the latte or just coffee?
    Sorry man. That's the way it works around here. I think it is beneficial to put all these great names out there, especially if it reminds someone of an actor they forgot about, or induces someone to check out a movie they've never seen. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I do agree that John Wayne is The Man.
    Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

No need to be sorry!

Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
      Sorry man. That's the way it works around here. I think it is beneficial to put all these great names out there, especially if it reminds someone of an actor they forgot about, or induces someone to check out a movie they've never seen. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I do agree that John Wayne is The Man.
      Rather than "blathering complaining" it was intended as "subtle chastising"(not to you)!

He definitely was the man! I met him once early in the 70's on a flight back to San Diego. He was ill then and coming back from treatment. Yet, he was still "big and tall" in this kid's eyes! He invited this young sailor(then) and a young Marine to sit and talk with him in 1st class. He was 1st class! That will always be the most memorable moment in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
        Wow. Everyone in the above two posts are dead except Peter O'Toole and the De Havilland sisters (Joan Fontaine and Olivia De Havilland are sisters, if people didn't know that). It's really amazing how many fantastic actors and actresses are no longer here. Luckily their movies live on!
        Further, if anyone didn't know the De Havilland sisters (De Havilland and Fontaine) are of the family of De Havilland Aviation Ltd, designers and manufacturers of many fine aircraft.

As for actors, the outstanding survivor, to my mind is Michael Caine.
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X