Who is your favorite film actor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favorite film actor?

When you are looking through the TV guide, what actor's name jumps out at you? Have you ever watched a movie just to see your favorite actor in a cameo? I have. My boy is Steve McQueen. Still don't understand why he didn't get the Academy Award for "Papillion". Heard rumors that it might have been his choice of sleeping companions at the time that affected the vote.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Old guys: Anthony Hopkins, Jack Nicholson

Young guys: Johny Depp

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Old guys
      Timothy Dalton,Sean Connery,Anthony Hopkins,Clint Eastwood,Paul Gross although he isn't that old. He's 50 or 51.
      Newer
      Daniel Craig,Jonathan Rhys-Meyers,Brad Pitt
      Dead-
      John Wayne

Actresses
      I like Reese Witherspoon-maybe cause she looks like my wife
      Older actresses
      Maureen O'Hara
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I mustn't leave out the ladies (might get yelled at).

Older actresses: Meryll Streep

Younger actresses: Helena Bonham Carter

Philip
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

My favorite actor is Clint Eastwood.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
            My favorite actor is Clint Eastwood.

You made his day!

Comment

some more good ones

And for At ease:

Comment

Old/ Clint Eastwood, Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson

New(er)/ Edward Norton, Daniel Craig, Mike Meyers

Dead/ Paul Newman, Chris Farley, John Candy

Female/ Keira Knightley, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kathy Bates
                "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Clint Eastwood, I think every guy has a special spot in his favorites for this guy. He's the only one who at 80 years old still looks more tough and menacing than entire armies.

Comment

Clint's name is a sign of quality (unless it's firefox) - for the reasons above.
                    Tommy Lee Jones, Jeff Bridges too. Ocasionally Michael Cain and Tom Hanks.

I'll watch anything with Gemma Arterton in.

Edit:
                    Of course, there's older movies too - Flynn, Rathbone, Thomas, Guiness, Bogart, Granger, Power, Lanza all made some good movies and If these names appear on the info about the saturday afternoon movie, I'll probably watch.
                    ------
                    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

I forgot Tommy Lee Jones,and someone else I really like. Robert Downey,Jr. I also like David Duchovny,Clive Owen and I also forgot Keira Knightley and Kathy Bates

I also forgot Basil Rathbone,Nigel Bruce,John Garfield,and the comedy part I do like
                      Lou Costello and Bud Abbott
                      But most importantly
                      Sir Charles Chaplin.

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                      Clint's name is a sign of quality (unless it's firefox) - for the reasons above.
                      Tommy Lee Jones, Jeff Bridges too. Ocasionally Michael Cain and Tom Hanks.

I'll watch anything with Gemma Arterton in.

Edit:
                      Of course, there's older movies too - Flynn, Rathbone, Thomas, Guiness, Bogart, Granger, Power, Lanza all made some good movies and If these names appear on the info about the saturday afternoon movie, I'll probably watch.

Comment

There was a Chaplin revival show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival a couple of years back hosted by modern comedic personality Paul Merton, very enjoyable - reminded me of watching Laurel and Hardy as a kid.
                        ------
                        'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

When I retire,Scotland is one place I want to try to go,if I can afford it. I have alot of Chaplin,on VHS and DVD.

Comment

I also forgot to add to my list Val Kilmer.

Comment

Out of the current crop, the two stand-outs are Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Danial Craig is excellent, if he can avoid the trap of being 007.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X