Books You Wish Were Made Into Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books You Wish Were Made Into Movies

In doing some housecleaning I came across my copy of "Shibumi" by Trevanian. Several of his books have been made into movies, "The Eiger Santion" with Clint Eastwood probably being the most well known. I have always wished to see a movie version of this book. When it came out about 25 years ago I had envisioned Charles Bronson as the assassin with a conscience. If made today maybe Brad Pitt or even Tom Cruise in the role of Nikko Hel......

Anyone else with a favorite book that's begging for "Big Screen" treatment?.....
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising", if done to include the many plots and characters. Could be made into two or three movies!
    Slick
    -------------
    "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Slick
      Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising", if done to include the many plots and characters. Could be made into two or three movies!
      I surprised that no one ever done films on the John Carter of Mars books by Eggar Rice Burroughs

Duchess of Richmond: They're the salt of England.
      Duke of Wellington: Scum. Nothing but gutter trash and scum. Gin is the spirit of their patriotism.

Waterloo 1970

Comment

they should have done Cardinal of the Kremlin right after Hunt for Red October, then Sean Connery will still have a cameo plus the story line actually continues for Jack Ryan.
        Duke of Wellington: Scum. Nothing but gutter trash and scum. Gin is the spirit of their patriotism.

Waterloo 1970

Comment

Good question, I will have to review my book collection.
          There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

I would offer Larry Bond's Vortex, Cauldron, or Red Phoenix books. Another excellent one would be Michael Palmer's The War That Never Was along with Harold Coyle's Team Yankee and Sword Point.
            Last edited by Herman Hum; 25 Sep 04, 17:21.
            ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
            2) Enjoy playing it
            3) Enjoy sharing it
            4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

I concur on the "Team Yankee" book!

YES! This would make a GREAT Movie and especially if done according to the actual 'tome', without some damm 'romantic' plot dumped upon the viewers!(*flips off* the producers of "Pearl Harbor"!) What's next for those idiots: "'Adolf & Eva'-a 'Love' amongst the turmoil of WW-2"!?!

Comment

I'd like to see a good historically accurate version of Kenneth Roberts' "Northwest Passage." Good F&I War history without the '50s fringed green "buckskin."
                "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

Absolutely.

I would also like to see a good version of The Hobbit. One that they have made a movie of but I haven't seen but want to (there's a poorly worded sentence!) is Ivanhoe.
                  Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                  Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                  http://www.mormon.org
                  http://www.sca.org
                  http://www.scv.org/
                  http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Jeez, the number of techno-thrillers that could/should be made into movies... RSR would top the list, if not that (since it wouldn't fit all that well now... though 10-15 years from now?), then maybe Coyle, Bond, or Brown... I REALLY wanna see a Megafortress...

Just no Ian Slater please...
                    If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

How about a really good movie based on The Battle of Leyte Gulf: 23-26 October 1944 (Bluejacket Books)by Thomas J. Cutler. An incredibly well done narative of the battle. The DDEs charging the Japaneese CAs and BBs in defense of Taffy 3 would be an awesome sequence.
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvalla
                        Jeez, the number of techno-thrillers that could/should be made into movies... RSR would top the list, if not that (since it wouldn't fit all that well now... though 10-15 years from now?), then maybe Coyle, Bond, or Brown... I REALLY wanna see a Megafortress...

Just no Ian Slater please...
                        Hi chrisvalla,
                        wasn't Megafortress Coyle's (or Brown's) story about the soup up stealth B-52 like the "Old Dog?" That was awesome!!

Waterloo 1970

Comment

Hi Doughboy

Flight of the old Dog is by Dale Brown and your right it would make a great movie, my favorite though is Team Yankee.

Red Storm Rising would have to be made in a mini series format like Band of Brothers to do it justice. Now that would be great.

Comment

Maybe they could do 'up' Homeland Security and the Osprey's images by doing Dale Brown's Hammerheads?
                            If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Janos
                              Absolutely.

I would also like to see a good version of The Hobbit. One that they have made a movie of but I haven't seen but want to (there's a poorly worded sentence!) is Ivanhoe.
                              That is at least in the works. Peter Jackson supposedly will make "The Hobbit" after he finishes his remake of "King Kong".
                              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X