No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story is only loosely based on historical events, making it hard to predict what will come next.

The real-life Commodore died in 1934 (Prohibition ended in 1933). As a political compromise, in 1920, the real-life Nucky supported the real-life Commodore in being elected Atlantic City Commissioner of Parks and Public Property. Apparently the Commodore held that post until he died. So the Commodore has made an early departure from the story!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      No - my bad. Jimmy Carmody is dead. The sniper is still alive.

The fight will be on to see who takes over the Commodore's empire. I don't know if Jimmy's mother has any legal standing in regards to the will or not; I kind of doubt it since they never married.

Since Darmody (and I felt sorry for him at the end) isn't legally dead at this point - I don't think his body has been found - I would assume that it goes to him as next of kin. Once he's a) found or b) legally declared dead, it would go to his son I imagine. I may be completely wrong on the law here.

The issue of the Commodore's personal fortune is therefore punted into the long grass.

As for the booze, well that's something else entirely.
      Silent Hunter UK
      Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion40 View Post
        The sniper (war vet with half a face) is dead?!!! I didn't see that happen. Are we talking about the same person?

I saw Nucky kill the traitor Jimmy.
        As opposed to the murdering Horvitz (I appreciate that they're all murderers, but Jimmy's wife and her lover had nothing to do with all of this, so the evil is a tad higher).

Been a lot better this season - it's losing the Barebreast Empire tag, that's for sure.
        Silent Hunter UK

Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
          Since Darmody (and I felt sorry for him at the end) isn't legally dead at this point - I don't think his body has been found - I would assume that it goes to him as next of kin. Once he's a) found or b) legally declared dead, it would go to his son I imagine. I may be completely wrong on the law here.

The issue of the Commodore's personal fortune is therefore punted into the long grass.

As for the booze, well that's something else entirely.
          I don't recall - did Darmody actually marry the mother of his son? And where is the son? The mother was killed.

And don't forget, Darmody destroyed the Commodore's will.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I don't recall - did Darmody actually marry the mother of his son? And where is the son? The mother was killed.

And don't forget, Darmody destroyed the Commodore's will.
            1. I believe she got herself recognised as his common law wife, so legally she was basically married to him under then New Jersey law. She was certainly calling herself Angela Darmody.
            2. Being looked after by Gillian, I believe.

The Commodore's will left his money to some other woman entirely. Unless he's got a living legitimate child somewhere, it's going to his legal next of kin, whoever that is.
            Silent Hunter UK

Personal Blog

Comment

1. I believe she got herself recognised as his common law wife, so legally she was basically married to him under then New Jersey law. She was certainly calling herself Angela Darmody.
              2. Being looked after by Gillian, I believe.

The Commodore's will left his money to some other woman entirely. Unless he's got a living legitimate child somewhere, it's going to his legal next of kin, whoever that is.
              How? He had only one will, and Darmody destroyed it; therefore, no one can legally claim to inherit without it.

I'm going to miss Darmody. He was a challenging and disturbing agent amongst the historically known figures.

Comment

How? He had only one will, and Darmody destroyed it; therefore, no one can legally claim to inherit without it.
                That just makes him intestate - so it goes to next of kin.
                Silent Hunter UK

Personal Blog

Comment

That just makes him intestate - so it goes to next of kin.
                  Which would be whom? Not Darmody's kid, because Jimmy was the Commodore's bastard.

Probably end up in probate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X