Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure it's BS...

...but it's still fun to watch!

What's your favorite war movie that you know is BS but you still find to be a lot of fun to watch?

For me it's Where Eagles Dare. Probably watch it once a year. Like it so much I just grin and shrug at all the inaccuracies and the outlandish plot.

Kelly's Heroes is a close second.
    Last edited by KRJ; 02 Sep 11, 23:25.
    "Shoot for the epaulets, boys! Shoot for the epaulets!" - Daniel Morgan

Originally posted by KRJ View Post
    ...but it's still fun to watch!

What's your favorite war movie that you know is BS but you still find to be a lot of fun to watch?

For me it's Where Eagles Dare. Probably watch it once a year. Like it so much I just grin and shrug at all the inaccuracies and the outlandish plot.

Kelly's Heroes is a close second.
    Nice picks!

Apocalypse Now

Zeppelin
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I'd have to agree with "Eagles" and "Kelly's". I'll toss in "Three Kings".

Comment

Batman-with Keaton. I love Party Man.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Kelly's Heroes is the first movie that comes to mind but Catch 22 certainly had it's share of BS and was a pretty good movie.
          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Rambo
            American Ninja
            Invasion USA
            Red Dawn

THIS is what I lamented in the other thread, I'd rather enjoy a film rather then feel obliged because Roger Ebert gave it the seal of 'stache approval.
            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Catch 22 was funny as heck. I have the book,and have read it many times. I love Major Major

Comment

The Guns of Navarone, Ice Station Zebra, Operation Crossbow. That's all for now.

Comment

I've seen "Kelly's Heroes" and "Red Dawn" within the last few weeks. I'd add "M*A*S*H" and "In Harm's Way" to the list.
                  Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I'll add Pauly Shore's "In the Army Now" and Jim Varney's "Ernest in the Army"
                    The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

I overlooked where it said 'war movie' excuse the Batman.
                      I also liked McHale's Navy.

Comment

Definitely "Kelly's Heroes." That movie gets my vote.
                        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
                          I've seen "Kelly's Heroes" and "Red Dawn" within the last few weeks. I'd add "M*A*S*H" and "In Harm's Way" to the list.
                          "M*A*S*H" and "In Harm's Way," while fictitious are based upon real stories. The M*A*S*H episodes have real stories behind them while 'In Harms Way" is loosely based upon this naval engagement.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...825_October.29

My pick are the latest crop of gigantic man eating sharks, fish, alligators, snakes, etc... with stupid plots and endings made for the SyFy channel.

Then again, maybe that giant alligator may not be fiction.
                          http://shockingnewz.com/giant-alliga...ilippines.html
                          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Kelly's Heroes, Battle of the Bulge, Force 10 From Navarone. Tanks, lots of tanks, and a huge dam collapsing...
                            "Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X