No announcement yet.

The Tudors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated Cromwell. He totally deserved what he had coming to him. I wish that the Boleyn's father also met the headmaster. One thing that always baffled me was how Mary went from being tolerant of Protestants to vehemently anti. Was there a section of the series that I might have slept through? Or was it really just a flipping of the switch, so to speak.

Comment

I didn't like Cromwell either. More though,was disheartening to me. Yes JRM did get better(he's young lol) But. Some things he did. Yes,were um,educational. Don't ask me and I won't tell no lies.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
        I was definitely impressed with Sam Neil and James Frain and have always loved their work. I really enjoyed the acting for Anne's execution and Henry's swan pie afterwords. I thought Meyers did a good job with the aging and infirm Henry, giving a hard edge to his fading glory. They guy who did the Earl of Surrey was pretty intense too.
        Yeah Surrey played his evil role pretty well. ANd Meyers definitely got better as the series went on. By the end, his performances were pretty stellar.
        "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

I liked Cromwell. He sort of represents the dark, cloaked, heartless, Puritan that the later Oliver Cromwell seemed to embody.

But Thomas More was my favorite character.
          "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

I liked the role that Cromwell played in the bad guy, trying to do good and then getting tripped up in his own game. That deal with the drunken headsman...yuck.

Boleyn's dad was the guy who really deserved the axe. His fall from grace was pretty epic though. Tragic how families could rise and fall so quickly.
            TTFN

Comment

I really hated Boleyn's brother. Not because he was gay...per say, but they definitely intended for that to be a negative about him.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X