The Tudors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tudors

I just finished watching what I have, up to season 2 episode 8. I wish I could have finished off at least season 2. Anyways, Henry is a bastard supreme. I don't like how they wrote Ann in season two. Thomas More I'm ambivalent about. But all in all I love the series.

Isn't Tudors a bit like Rome? just wall to wall t&a? The memsahib seems pleased with the drama of the Tudors though, watched the lot on NetFlix
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Great series! I watched the entire run on the local CBC outlet. Lots of good, graphic sex and violence. Everything a guy would ever want in a series. Good stuff!
      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

I liked it too..
        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

It was a great series.
          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

I did too. Henry taught me a few things about being a bastard.
            Good stuff
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, there is a lot of T&A in the series. I was actually disappointed when one of his mistress's DIDN'T get naked like all the others

Comment

She may have had it in her contract. There was several scenes I really liked.

Comment

Henry VIII was IIRC over 6' tall, burly, and a redhead.

Henry in the show looks like the typical Hollywood pretty boy wuss.

Comment

Originally posted by 88L71 View Post

Well - he was a head taller than a lot of people around him.

I read that he was quite the sportsman and athletic. He didn't pack on the girth until after his jousting accident and that he might have died of diabetes.
                    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

He kept having infections in that leg too where he was hurt. They had a special on about what may have killed him. The amount of meat he ate with no vegetables or fruit(much anyway) would have made his cholesterol sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by 88L71 View Post

Would you rather watch a "Fat Bastard" like character fing a bunch of young hot chicks?

Didn't think so.
                        A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Wouldn't be sightly,besides alot of the story is before he got the way he was.

Comment

We just finished watching the series finale!

I really love the period from The Hundred Years War through the Elizabethan Age. The costumes were magnificent! All of the dresses and jewels and codpieces and doublets and, of course, the dances *squee*

I enjoyed the drama of who was in power and who was headed to the Tower and even the religious conflicts that defined the age. Anne was always one of my historical favorites and I loved her intelligence and brashness even as I loved Katherine of Aragon's sad dignity, Jane's sweetness, Anne of Cleeve's innocence, Katherine Howard's sensuality and Katherine Parr's gentle wisdom.

Watching Henry grow into despotism and then frailty as power shifted reminded me that things haven't changed a whole lot in the human condition.

But, best of all was Charles Brandon. Mmmm mmm.
                            TTFN

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                              He kept having infections in that leg too where he was hurt. They had a special on about what may have killed him. The amount of meat he ate with no vegetables or fruit(much anyway) would have made his cholesterol sky high.
                              Swan pie after beheading your wife will do that to you.
                              TTFN

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X