Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Guy Named "Jason Mama" Plays Conan?

What kind of a name is that?

Can we have Ahnuld back but we re-touch him using computer software to make him a young man again, just like Jeff Bridges in Tron 2?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

His name is Jason Momoa.

He's from Hawaii..

I love the original Conan the Barbarian movie.

I'm not adverse to a remake though...
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
      His name is Jason Momoa.

He's from Hawaii..

I love the original Conan the Barbarian movie.

I'm not adverse to a remake though...
      Crom! From Hawaii? Hawaii doesn't have any strongman traditions. Is he a real bodybuilder or is he wearing velcro/fake muscles?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Well, Hawaiians may not be bulked up, but they certainly had a very authentic warrior tradition.

Comment

Like King Kamehameha Some are built pretty good. I didn't sit through the first movie,and I don't like Ahnuld whatsoever. Can't stand anything about him.
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He's best known for playing Ronon Dex in Stargate Atlantis and more recently, Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones. Neither were characters you particularly wanted to get on the wrong side.
            Silent Hunter UK
            Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

I've seen the trailers, He doesn't have the brooding presence that Ahhhnold had in that role, nor the muscles.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I saw the film. It was alright. Better sets than the original that's for sure. But still not very true to the books. Conan was never on a quest to avenge his slaughtered village, he was a freebooter.

I suppose it's a PC thing. Revenge for slain family is easier on the Hollywood conscience than the "I did it all for bling and the b's and h's" approach.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I would just like to point out that John Wayne is not the real name of John Wayne. His real name was Marion Morrison. But you just can't inspire images of Rooster Cogburn badassery with a name like Marion.

So this isn't the first time.
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

So, apparently this movie was a flop?

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                      So, apparently this movie was a flop?
                      Sounds like it might have been. I thought it was okay. It still didn't follow the books worth anything but it had good visual effects. But I can't say it was jaw droppingly awesome.

Comment

I think seeing Jason Momoa in Game of Thrones convinced me of his badassery. Hawaiians and other Polynesian islanders can be very big. Some have enough mass to effect a gravitational field. :P Plus, most islands have serious warrior tradition from Samoa to Pohnpe.
                        TTFN

Comment

Never saw the movie, although I wanted to. I've seen Jason Momoa in Stargate and A Game of Thrones, and in AGoT he does indeed have badassery. I do look forward to watch the movie one day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X