Review of Ralph Peters new book "Endless War"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of Ralph Peters new book "Endless War"

I just finished reading this book. First, this book is non-fiction and expresses facts and opinions on various subjects. The book starts out with a brief history lesson on the rise and fall of the Crescent (Islam) starting in the 11th century . Peters then covers a variety of subjects in the modern world that provoke thought and examination on subjects from immigration to the education of our highest military and civilian leaders. He also puts forth ideas on where the civilian leaders in the US have gone astray in how and why they use the military and what the military should do to counter this “misuse” of the military. Peters is a staunch supporter of Israel and the IDF but shines a light on its shortcomings. All in all I think it is a book that should be read by anyone seriously interested in where the US and the World is headed.
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Slowly but surely I became a fan, this one is definitely going on my list.

Comment

mmm.ill take that on board, thanks for that....

Comment

Why the 11th century? I'd say more like the 17th century, when the Ottoman Empire's advances were finally checked and its power began to wane in wake of Europe's advancements towards the Industrial era(late 18th-19th centuries).
        "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
        --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

Originally posted by Pilsudski View Post
          Why the 11th century? I'd say more like the 17th century, when the Ottoman Empire's advances were finally checked and its power began to wane in wake of Europe's advancements towards the Industrial era(late 18th-19th centuries).
          Try Manzikert 1071,Hattin 1187,Nicopolis 1396, Mohacs 1526 (Ottoman Enpire has reached its zenith) for the Muslim power years

Then Islam military power begins to fall----,Alcacer Quibir 1578(greatest western victory over a Muslim force in more that four centuries, The Battle of Zenta 1697, The siege of Delhi 1857, the siege of Plevna 1877,
          Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

So the 11th century is when Islamic power reached its zenith? I thought the argument was that the 11the century represents the beginning of Islam's geo-political decline.
            "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
            --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

Originally posted by Pilsudski View Post
              So the 11th century is when Islamic power reached its zenith? I thought the argument was that the 11the century represents the beginning of Islam's geo-political decline.
              The moment after the zenith is the beginning of the decline. I think the thing he'd point to is that the 11th century represents the time when Islam was the most powerful movement on earth. The Hindu kings of India were divided, the Christians destroyed themselves in internecine warfare (the destruction of the Byzantine Empire as an effective military power cannot be overstated in terms of Islamic power vis-a-vis her neighbors). This was the moment the West started to grow strong again. This was also the last hurrah of Islam ironically because there dhimmitude taxes were making so many converts to Islam and Arabization that the Christian cultures of the Middle East, the people in the guts of Islamic administration began to die off. Also this caused the Imams to grow more conservative and killed off any intellectual freedom Islam ever had, and crushing innovation from within the Islamic world. Past this point the Muslims were dependant on kaffirs supplying new innovations and inventions.
              How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
              275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X